saltyfish808

Well, it's finally going down! 600 gallon build in the new house!

My wife and I have been trying to get this new home project off the ground for a couple years now. We finally finished all the paperwork for the construction loan and have gotten our permit to build from the parish! I will be contracting the home myself , along with doing a good bit of the work!

f21ce92bcc010459c77d1693b6cac673_zpsd8e740ab.jpg

Edited by saltyfish808

We hope to be done by the end of the year, then maybe I'll have a few tank pictures! I will post progress pictures as much as I can!

From the looks of the first picture either your still doing paperwork or you built a time machine.

lol, the point of the first picture was not the concentration chamber, but the st Tammany parish building permit Edited by saltyfish808

Man that is awesome! I see you have the entire room's floor recessed down 3 1/2" too! You might ought to look into a few 3" floor drains with trap primers as well. One would be better than none. A few would help with big big spills... A regular floor drain will give you a sewer smell (if tied into the home's sewer line) once the water in the p-trap below the slab evaporates... Before trap primers came along you had to pour water down the drain constantly or add anti-freeze... A trap primer to them will keep the water in the weir of the trap and keep gases at bay. You could easily install a tail-piece trap primer under the sink in the corner that would allow some water to go to the drains whenever the sink is ran. Or add a trap primer distribution block....

Or you could just run floor drain(s) on a seperate line and out into your yard.... then you have to worry about fall on the pipe and making sure the pipe's end stays clear of debris.

Congrats & good luck! Just thought I'd share cause this is similar to my dream build's set-up after I win the lottery!

I see can lights ;( I use to wire houses in the winter when HVAC/R was slow, did a house with 63 cans I had to hang and trim them all, most miserable winter ever lol go LED where you can! :) looks awesome can't wait to follow along, if you have any electrical questions hit me up!

George at coral connection is going to build it , 96x48x34, two glass sides facing the living room (96) and foyer (48)

Edited by saltyfish808

i love big builds. 

And I cannot lie! You other brothers can't deny...

Sorry Francis, couldn't help myself.  

Looks like an awesome build.  Will be following along myself.

And I cannot lie! You other brothers can't deny...

Sorry Francis, couldn't help myself.  

Looks like an awesome build.  Will be following along myself.

lol

Goodluck with this! Its exciting seeing your new home being built. The form seemed so small for our house but that all changed once the framing started. I am asssuming the tank will fit thru all the doorways necessary to get it set in place?