saltyfish808

Well, it's finally going down! 600 gallon build in the new house!

How for sure are you that all the pocillopora is out the system now? Is there any way it can still be on the rocks that are left over? What about in the plumbing or even on the guards of the powerheads? 

I'd hate to see you go through all this and then have it rear it's ugly head again in the near future...

BTW   'Scape looks good like that!!!

1 hour ago, mknightryder said:

How for sure are you that all the pocillopora is out the system now? Is there any way it can still be on the rocks that are left over? What about in the plumbing or even on the guards of the powerheads? 

I'd hate to see you go through all this and then have it rear it's ugly head again in the near future...

BTW   'Scape looks good like that!!!

Still have some.......  Going to nuke whats left with alk and a blackout this week! Removed 98% of coral to eliminate the die off affecting the water quality to much.

I'm curious about how your corals are responding to those oceanrevive LEDs?  Also, what do you have the blue/white channels set to?  Just wondering if beyond having a timer are they any better than typical black box LEDs.  They look nice.  I've read that the fans go out in them pretty quickly though.  Please keep us posted on how they do for you.  Thinking these lights could go on my list for a small frag tank in the future if my corals continue to do well.

All my corals seem to be doing great! My blues run 10 to 10 at 70% , and my whites run at 40% 1 to 7. For the price, i think they are a good buy.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2018 at 1:20 PM, D2shock87 said:

How well do your tangs get along? I see you have several different types. I've read mixed opinions about their compatibility with each other

They all get along fine. I feed them daily and they have plenty of swimming room. 

An update on my tank. Yesterday made 4 weeks with no direct light above the tank. The room have some ambient light which is keeping my fish happy. I have the salinity lowered to 1.016,  Which is keeping the alk at 6, calcium at 280 and magnesium at 800. I am finally starting to see the pocillopora slowly dying off! This is a patience game and I am not going to force it back, just to have this dirt weed of an sps come back again. On a side note, the rock work and sand look fantastic!

Added about 60ish lbs of rock today that I have been churning for over a month now. Filled in the back corner to give more hiding for fish! Of course this also gave me more room for sticks higher up in the tank! I know it's hard to see in the picture but I was able to create a large cave under the rock work. I'm pretty stoked from the results.

20190428_220113.jpg

20190428_220118.jpg

20190428_220136.jpg

Got some new additions! I imagine I will not see them for a awhile, so this pic will have to do.

20190511_165946.jpg

• Like 1

Took some updated tank room shots. Everything is now plumbed together.  About 825 gallons of total water volume!

20190526_162648.jpg

20190526_162745.jpg

20190526_162808.jpg

20190526_162706.jpg

20190526_162253.jpg

20190526_162723.jpg

20190526_162657.jpg

20190526_162237.jpg

• Like 2