mknightryder

Mknightryrder's PA 150

478 posts in this topic

On 9/6/2018 at 10:12 AM, MockandRoll said:

Your tanks look great!  The colors are awesome and I am always amazed at how clean everything is. My sump is a total mess. Have you thought about aiptasia eating nubis from saltyunderground? Release and forget.   

Yeah I have but I'm too chicken to try it... I can't even add pep shrimps cause my pink spotted goby always hunts them down... I figured he and my flasher wrasses would make an expensive snack out of the nudis....

On 9/7/2018 at 4:12 PM, ericd000 said:

Looking great man!

I love how you got that red & blue/purple favia growing.  I have the perfect rock in my tank for a piece like that to grow out when I'm ready for stony frags.  

I got the compact version of that light on my 40 breeder refugium.  Not as powerful as the one you have, but I can see the macro under it already taking off.  

So you got the H80? 

I was originally going to give the h80 a try, But this one came out...  

I knew the big daddy light (H380 halo) was going to be too big for my small refugium.... The H160 is perfect for my small refugium, but if I had one any bigger I'd have the H380 blasting it! Lol 

So you got the H80? 
 I was originally going to give the h80 a try, But this one came out...  
I knew the big daddy light (H380 halo) was going to be too big for my small refugium.... The H160 is perfect for my small refugium, but if I had one any bigger I'd have the H380 blasting it! Lol 

Yeah I wanted the bigger one but I didn’t have enough clearance above the refugium to mount it. The H80 give me about 8” of clearance above the rim of the tank to spread.
  • Like 1

I was skeptical when first adding the kessil cause of the lower par numbers... I was using a par30 in a dome reflector and it grew chaeto okay, but it also grew other nasty algae all over my sump... The kessil runs circles around the par 30 and its higher par when it comes to growing chaeto! 

20180807_205254.jpg

20180807_212457.jpg