TheGrimmReefer

MACNA 2017 - New Orleans, Louisiana!

40 posts in this topic

macna_2017_web_logo.png

Marine Aquarium Conference of North America 2017 (MACNA®) to be hosted in New Orleans, Louisiana

New Orleans, LA – August 29, 2016 – Bayou Reefkeeping (BRK) is elated to announce that MACNA® 2017 will be held in New Orleans, Louisiana August 25th-27th, 2017 at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center and Hilton Riverside Hotel.

MACNA® is proudly sponsored by: Aquaforest, Deepwater Distribution, Maxspect International, Central Pets, Coral Vue, Reef Nutrition, eShopps, and more!

MACNA® is widely considered to be the top conference and trade show in the marine aquarium industry. MACNA® attracts attendees from all over the world that come to see the industry’s newest product offerings from the top manufacturers in the industry and interact with some of the brightest minds in the marine aquarium hobby.

MACNA® is currently in its 29th year and 2017 will mark its first trip to the great state of Louisiana, the heart of the Gulf Coast region. For more information regarding MACNA® 2017, please visit www.macnaconference.org/2017.

BRK is a registered 501(c)(7) non-profit educational organization dedicated to supporting the local aquarium hobby through educational outreach, fostering new hobbyists, and furthering the advancement of captive bred marine life.

MACNA® is a registered trademark of the Marine Aquarium Societies of North America (MASNA). For more details about MASNA and its member clubs, please visit www.masna.org.

Adam Clayton – MACNA® 2017 Chairman – info@nolamacna.com

This is awesome news!  Stinks I cant make the meet sunday!

I've known for quite a while now, but I actually managed to only tell my hubby. :)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I assumed this was going to be the big announcement!  Congratulations to all staff members for all the hard work it took to get this to new Orleans!  

Congrats, Adam and Jeff, on a job well done. Sucks that someone had to ruin the announcement and steal BRK's thunder with an unauthorized leak of the info.

Congratulations, guys! Y'all deserve it with all of the hard work you have put into this club! We are very excited and looking forward to it!

Congrats BRK! This is GREAT NEWS! Big shout-out to all the members that have worked tirelessly for the past couple years to make this all possible!

I swear I only told my corals and fish... Then 15 outta 17 fish mysteriously died... Who's been picking them off? lol :nono:

OMG I am so excited !!! Congrats guys! I was just seeing articles about MACNA and thinking "man, wish I could go" then saw a post on Facebook about it coming to NOLA. I googled and got a 404 error on aquanerd and then I see this! Haha

12 hours ago, kirk_m said:

Congrats, Adam and Jeff, on a job well done. 

10 hours ago, mknightryder said:

Congrats BRK! This is GREAT NEWS! Big shout-out to all the members that have worked tirelessly for the past couple years to make this all possible!

Yep! Adam @TheGrimmReefer and Jeff @Jawalker85 have been the two primarily responsible for everything. Others have come and gone throughout the lengthy process while these two have stuck with it for the past two YEARS. In recent weeks, Eric @ericd000 has also found himself working tirelessly on the MACNA website. It is due to be brought online Monday morning when the official press release goes out to the masses. 

Thanks guys!

By the way, what does everyone think of the logo?

That logo is awesome! I gotta start saving now, especially with two reefing events like Fragniappe & MACNA in the same year. 2017 can't get here soon enough!

44 minutes ago, Jrodinnola said:

WHHHHHAATTTTT?????!!!! 

BRK is hosting MACNA in Nola!!! 2017!!!!! :D

Thanks for the opportunity to say it again! :D

Awesome news. I'll be their for sure. Good job guys on getting this here. 

Edited by Checkitout

Congratulations to all involved. In 5 short years, this organization has managed to bring the premiere hobby event to LA.

I have to say this is prett epic! I have always wanted to go to Macna since being in the hobby. This will give me the chance to be there without the travel expense!

If some of y'all have never been to one of these before, you are in for a treat.  This conference is on a whole other level compared to other events.  Any reef hobbyist in the area that doesn't make this one is really missing out.

I have only been to one in Atlanta but it was a heck of a lot of fun.  You will not be disappointed if you are really enthused about this hobby.  I am looking to find a way to be able to attend.

Congratulations guys!  I know it took a lot of hard work and dedication and I hope to see you all there!  Even though I don't have a tank right now this is epic and I can't wait.

8 hours ago, redscarlett1 said:

Do you need volunteers for the event?

We will. We'll need tons of you guys and girls. When the time comes, we'll post a sign up sheet for everyone interested in helping out. Thanks!