Reef Tank Greg

2/4/17 Aquatic Sealife Meet & Greet, Frag Swap!

We are pleased to announce that Bayou Reefkeeping is hosting a Meet and Greet along with a Frag Swap at Aquatic Sealife in Metairie on Saturday February 4! All are welcome to join us!

Time: Noon until 4pm

Address:  2606 David Dr, Metairie, LA 70003

We will be doing grilled foods and all are welcome to bring frags to swap.

aquaticsealife

For those who have been to Aquatic Sealife, you know parking is limited. However, we have secured additional parking at neighboring businesses and will be able to host as many people who want to come!

• Like 3

Greetings everybody,

Been awhile since my last post on any of the forums, my name is Justin and I work at aquatic sealife. As posted we will be hosting a frag swap on Feb 4th. Figured it would be a good idea to get a frag thread started for the event, so everybody knows who's got what and then can discuss trade and etc in P.M.

I do have to admit being a zoa nerd myself, I'm also looking for frags of polyps I don't have so let's see what everybody has got. Hope to see everybody there, happy reefing!

• Like 1

Thanks greg, just been inactive for a bit, had to sell the big tank and figure some stuff out and ended up landing in a reef store. Figured now as good as time as any to get back into it. 

Hope to see all of you there!

Here's a message from Aquatic Sealife:

" We have now secured parking directly across the street at the Day Care center and a lot to the right ... So we should have plenty of parking for the swap.... Be careful crossing David Drive, we will have tons of goodies in stock, we are bringing in tons of Acropora colonies from Walt Smith, Australian Acropora Spp.colonies galore... And all special pricing.... If you are an Acropora Spp. collector you will not want to miss this one for sure.... We will also have a good selection of frags as well... See you all there "

Nobody? Open frag thread guys.. Post your frags available!! Softy, lps, sps, etc.. Got less than 2 weeks till the meet!!

48 minutes ago, stoned said:

Will frag selling and swapping be allowed? Most case it is not allowed at a LFS meet.

Yes, made this clear in the announcement topic. Which is probably where this discussion can go. Going to merge the two. 

Justin, our Facebook group has plenty of activity and interest. 18 people have already rsvp'd for this there. 

Cool. That works. I guess I'll start by saying I may have some mind blower palys, la Lakers and some yellow palys I can frag if anyone is interested.

I figured I would list what I have currently fragged on my rack. I have a few pieces of Idaho Grape Purple Monticap, a purple tip frogspawn with two heads, some frags of blue candy cane, and two frags of zoa's I have no name for but have red outer ring and green or orange centers or green outer with redish/orange centers. I bought them thinking I liked them, and now I don't :(. 

• Like 2

Anyone have any of the more uncommon digis? Specifically looking for bubble gum or anything that is not red, green or purple.

I'm also looking for any fast growing stags.

1 hour ago, mrmaytagg said:

I wish I could make it. I got the ok from the boss to add some scolys. What luck!

It's a pretty quick drive! Can even avoid the BR traffic if you take Hwy 90!

It's a pretty quick drive! Can even avoid the BR traffic if you take Hwy 90!

She's claimed this Saturday to go and watch a volleyball tournament.