btingle85

New build - 220-240g

Decided to go ahead and start a thread to document the progress of my new build. 

Recently decided to get back in the hobby after a 4-5 year hiatus. I'm currently researching and beginning to purchase equipment. 

The tank will sit in a custom built in entertainment area where we currently have our tv. I'll have to mount the tv over the mantel above the fireplace. (I'll like it better there anyway) I'll also be reinforcing/bracing where the tank will sit, as it was built for just a tv, DVD player, surround sound, etc.

Anyway, still have a ways to go but I'll try and keep this updated as progress is made.

where the tank will go. (Kids wouldn't let me turn off the tv for pic lol)

IMG_1753.JPG

Edited by btingle85

8 minutes ago, stoned said:

Nice start. Looking forward to the build. What does turning the gears do? Is that how you fine tune it?

Thanks. Yeah, that's how you tune it. Looks pretty simple. 

2 hours ago, Reef Tank Greg said:

Seems a bit bizarre to see the gears! I like the spot for the tank. Going to have a seating area close by?

Yeah, I'll be pulling up the lazy boy! 

• Like 1

Been waiting on these bad boys to go on sale. Just ordered 2! I've seen some very nice tanks on YouTube with these. They have full spectrum controllability and a good spread. Can't wait to see them in action!

IMG_1800.PNG

Edited by btingle85

58 minutes ago, btingle85 said:

Been waiting on these bad boys to go on sale. Just ordered 2! I've seen some very nice tanks on YouTube with these. They have full spectrum controllability and a good spread. Can't wait to see them in action!

Cool deal.  I haven't seen their lights in person.  I didn't even they who they were until the lady approached me at MACNA last year wanting to buy a booth for 2017.

Do let us know what you think of the lights.

• Like 1

Picked up some Red Sea Pro salt today and ordered some Aquaforest Reef salt. Wanna try both to see how I like them. Also, up to about 60 lbs of Fiji dry rock. Only about 140 lbs more to go!

Hoping to have a Planet Aquarium 225g tank, SP4 return pump and Apex locked down this week. 

We're getting close!

I expected the entire system to be going by now. Slacker. 

Loving the progress man! That fixture does look really nice. Do you think the the blue light will illuminate the tank when the lights are off?

48 minutes ago, Reef Tank Greg said:

I expected the entire system to be going by now. Slacker. 

Loving the progress man! That fixture does look really nice. Do you think the the blue light will illuminate the tank when the lights are off?

I don't think it will be too noticeable from where they'll be mounted in the canopy. I plan on running a moonlight mode on the tank though so it won't be a problem either way.

Update:

i now have...

4 of 4 mp40wes

apex 

sp4 return

Eshopps rs-300 sumps 

planet aquariums 225g drilled tank

Hoping to begin built-in remodel in the next few weeks.

On 3/14/2017 at 10:09 PM, Reef Tank Greg said:

So, it's been a week. What else have you accumulated? 

Nothing else. Been working out of town in Ark so haven't had time to start on the build. Soon though.....soon