saltyfish808

Parade of Tanks

19 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! Over the next few weeks I will be trying to get together a few different dates for a Parade of Tanks! I will be looking to cover several different areas. Hopefully be able to get 3 to 4 tanks to visit for each date. I know many of you like me , have beautiful reef tanks and never really get to share them with others besides family and a few friends. I'm sure most of you have gotten the same question from your visitors that I have, "Is this saltwater?" Being able to show off all your hard work to other reef addicts such as myself is always exciting and I promise no one  will ask that! Please feel free to message me if you have interest in opening your home to our members. As I get interest in an area I will set a date and try to get it booked with a day of parading. 

• Like 4

This thread has almost 100 views. Out of everone that has seen this , not one of you wants to show off your piece of the reef?

I'll be game once we move and the new tank is up but we don't close till Sept 1.

Haha, I'm in the same boat. We close at the end of August. We will be in new house Sept 1.

Sorry, nothing to see in my tank but dying coral from alk burn.

Edited by stoned

Pending on when this goes down, I'm down for having fellow reefers swing by and check out the 150g. I'm three miles North of I12 at the Albany/Springfield exit. Very easy to get to and plenty of parking. Outdoor kitchen is currently under going some renovations, but everything is still usable... 

The last time we did a POT's was a great time! We seen some very nice tanks and ate some great grub provided by @Shadow1! We even chopped up a basketball size colony of birdsnest( provided by @RedStickReefer) for a sps grow out challenge! I was the victor of that one months later! 

• Like 2

I remember that POTs!  Pretty good time.  I wish I had a tank to show off but I lost everything in the flood.  Been trying to get motivated to build my 30g, since the 240g is on hold yet again, but it just hasn't happened yet.

8 hours ago, RedStickReefer said:

I remember that POTs!  Pretty good time.  I wish I had a tank to show off but I lost everything in the flood.  Been trying to get motivated to build my 30g, since the 240g is on hold yet again, but it just hasn't happened yet.

Yeah, Richard's bacon explosion that he cooked on his Green Egg  was enough to give us all a heart attack...

I'm down for a stop at my house in Slidell. Preferably after macna so you can see any new additions I may be able to pick up. 

Edited by lars
  • Like 1

Ok, got a couple tanks for the tour. I am still looking for one more stop in the Covington/Slidell area. Let me know if your interested so we can set a date for the parade!

Edited by saltyfish808

3 hours ago, saltyfish808 said:

Ok, got a couple tanks for the tour. I am still looking for one more stop in the Covington/Slidell area. Let me know if your interested so we can set a date for the parade!

Don't forget that Kirk said he would in his new home. 

12 hours ago, Reef Tank Greg said:

Don't forget that Kirk said he would in his new home. 

Kirk should have his new tank up by the end of November? 😉

I hope so.  Went and got a quote on it yesterday, waiting to hear back.  With the hurricane in Texas, where Planet Aquarium is located, it will likely delay things a bit.

Depending when you plan do to so and if folks are willing to travel to me, I can be part of the parade. Not sure folks willing to come to MS. Let me know

26 minutes ago, Smtwinn said:

Depending when you plan do to so and if folks are willing to travel to me, I can be part of the parade. Not sure folks willing to come to MS. Let me know

It would def be worth the drive... js ;)

I'm up for this. My 120G in Slidell is early in its development but it would be fun to see others if this happens.

• Like 1

We'd love to add Reef 238 at IMCT in Hammond to the parade if you're interested. The reef's shipping delay has it going in in conflict with the meet at CC, so we'd be happy to make it available for a tour on another date.

Edited by Wet Work
grammar
  • Like 2