6lilfishes

Wire broke on Apex display

I've had to mail mine in to get it replaced. Think it was around $30 to replace it. Check neptunes website.

No way to splice the wires with solder and then protect them each individually with heatshrink tubing and then another layer of tubing to cover both?

Let us know if you try this! My original display quit working so I bought a new one. Talking to one of the Neptune guys at Fragniappe', he said that 9 times outta 10 that when a display goes down it's because a break in the wire. He told me to mail it in and for $30 bucks they'd repair it. I went ahead and bought a new since I liked the new grey color...

• Like 1

Yea two separate wires. I guess it doesn't matter what ones I hook together.

It might matter. Polarity might be an issue.
  • Like 1

Those wires are super thin, so it may be tough to get enough current on a repair, that's if the connection point inside the case is still secure.  Cheap tablet response from Neptune is actually more useful in my opinion.

• Like 1

Those wires are super thin, so it may be tough to get enough current on a repair, that's if the connection point inside the case is still secure.  Cheap tablet response from Neptune is actually more useful in my opinion.
The inside is good it got cut. Kinda close to the display I was going to hook it directly to the display.

What do you mean cheap tablet response from Neptune?

Might just sell it cheap enough for someone else to get it fixed. Just sitting in a box for years. It came off one of my tanks. Was just holding onto it for parts.

6 hours ago, 6lilfishes said:

The inside is good it got cut. Kinda close to the display I was going to hook it directly to the display.

What do you mean cheap tablet response from Neptune?

Might just sell it cheap enough for someone else to get it fixed. Just sitting in a box for years. It came off one of my tanks. Was just holding onto it for parts.

Neptune doesn't sell the tablet.  They suggest getting a cheap Amazon Fire Tablet (the one that isn't add supported) and making some setting changes to keep them from going to sleep.  

An old unused iPad or other cheaper tablets can be used as a full color display.  

I have a fire tablet that was bought for my 300. I couldn't figure out how to put the app on it or make it go to fusion

Get with me buddy, you know I can help ya!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Neptune doesn't sell the tablet.  They suggest getting a cheap Amazon Fire Tablet (the one that isn't add supported) and making some setting changes to keep them from going to sleep.  
An old unused iPad or other cheaper tablets can be used as a full color display.  
I couldn't figure out how to use a fire tablet last night