Sign in to follow this  
Roid Reefs

75 G Stocking

10 posts in this topic

So as of right now I am waiting to set up my 75g until house renovations are completed. In the meantime I have been planning what fish I will want in the long run. I know about adding them not all at once and all that. Just some questions about fish to add. I am of course going to want a clown pair, a shrimp/goby pair. an anthias or two (still need to do some research on kinds). I also like the barnacle blenny that ive seen, just haven't done much research on them.  I've recently been watching on youtube and saw a couple of 75g tanks that had a blue/yellow/ other tang in it. Can someone elaborate on this? as I thought these tangs needed larger tanks to thrive. or can I have one of these? (of course my son wants a Dori in the tank.)

Ctenochaetus sp are the only tangs that should be in a 75. Better source of info than youtube--- WetWeb

eta- rest of stock looks fine. May have some aggression issues with Anthias in a 75.

Edited by Bob Loblaw

49 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Ctenochaetus sp are the only tangs that should be in a 75. Better source of info than youtube--- WetWeb

eta- rest of stock looks fine. May have some aggression issues with Anthias in a 75.

Thank you for the info. Just saw the Whitetail bristletooth, beautiful. or the two spot bristletooth.  I will be careful with the anthias. do some more research on them.

I am also interested in a red scooter blenny. would this be an issue with the goby? or would one of each in this size tank be enough room?

The two Blennies would be fine together. The Barnacle may posture if the Scooter comes close to its preferred crevice but that should be about it.

Okay, so ive nailed down what I want to add to the tank over time. Im going to have mostly soft corals, so if any of these fish provide a problem with them please let me know. I think they should be fine though. The question I really have about these is the order in which to add them to the tank to avoid aggression problems.

Kole eye yellow tang - 1

Ocellaris Clown - 2 (not sure what morph yet)

Yasha Shrimp goby - 2 (with a shrimp of course)

Electric indigo or neon dottyback - 1

Kamohara Blenny - 1

Red Scooter Dragonet - 1

Tang then Dottyback last. The rest can be added in any order. Dottback may bully the blenny.

4 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Tang then Dottyback last. The rest can be added in any order. Dottback may bully the blenny.

Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it. will have to watch it closely.

I had bad luck with Yasha gobies had a single with a candy pistol shrimp it didnt make it did fine in qt. After 6 months it disappeared. Then did a mated pair and was both gone in 6 months. Were the only fish in my 38gal. Had a watchman that had been with me for 6 years. Recently it died. It was in my 120 then moved to my 300. Since I have had good luck with the watchman I bought another one. Make sure if you get a watchman you get a male. The male is the yellow with blue dots. Female is more of a brown color