Bob Loblaw

Pickin up the pieces(300 build)

56 posts in this topic

You read about tank crashes on the national boards and think that'll never happen to me. Well, it done did and it's a kick in the gut. Not knowing exactly what happened is especially painful.

We moved into the new pad last night and for the first time in fifteen or so years I don't have any fish. Took the first step to remedy that. Went to Aquahut and wrote a check for a new one, Planet 96X30(wide)x24(tall) Eurobraced rimless. John said it'll probably take 5 weeks to arrive. Waiting isn't going to be fun but I've got a ton of rock to cook/cure and a new stock list to plan. Going to start looking for a new gig or two that I can hopefully have healthy for when the new tank arrives.

Edited by Bob Loblaw

It was painful to read the thread about the loss man.  Not the way I envisioned your move into the new place happening.  

Sorry for you troubles, but also looking forward to see what your next tank looks like. Good luck on the Gig hunt.

:( I was saddened to have read of your recent misfortunes. It just goes to show how delicate these ecosystems we keep really are.  Hopefully, you'll figure out what went wrong eventually... I know it would aggrevate the crap outta me not knowing. Good thing is you are a Salty Seasoned veteran of this hobby and will get through this! Congrats on the new house and tank purchase! :drinkingcheers:

Rock is a cooking. I may have picked up too much in the past year in anticipation of new tank. 150 brute filled 

IMG_0697.JPG

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Rock is a cooking. I may have picked up too much in the past year in anticipation of new tank. 150 brute filled 

IMG_0697.JPG

You can never have too much rock!!!

giphy.gif

Oh yeah, that's a massive amount of rock.  And a ton of gunk that came off in the acid bath.  

Looks like you got some nicely interesting pieces though.  I think that other than the Pukani, I don't have much in the way of interesting rocks.  I should probably cook the rock I pulled out of the 120.  Had a couple decent pieces of Fiji and Tonga in that batch.  Was worried about nutrients leeching from the soup that tank had become before I tore it down.

1 hour ago, ericd000 said:

Was worried about nutrients leeching from the soup that tank had become before I tore it down.

You used to have a tank??? :P

• Haha 1

Went by the Hut earlier, tank is built and should be here next Thursday!

Rock is cured. Added two bottles of Dr Tims and saw zero results. Picked up a bottle of IO's Bio Spira and ammonia was at zero in 2 or 3 days. Trites are reading zero, haven't tested trates yet. 

Back in the game. 1”captive bred Annularis , tiny flame angel in there as well CC66A173-8C10-4A06-B9E7-F69274904705.jpeg.aff6e9fa543b806f7fae947f5890f036.jpeg  

• Like 1

Got me a tank again. Huge thanks to @btingle85 for helping move and setup the new tank. He has a 210 for sale at a great price if anyone is looking...

4EB00128-041C-455F-9D35-827AB8568B73.jpeg

• Like 1

Thinking 2 Gigs are my goal. The key is finding them. I thought I had a green and blue on lock but I never heard back from the seller after letting them know I'd take em. Don't think I'm going to do any Haddonis. Not sure if I'm going to do the tube nem forest in this one- I can't find any references to them being kept with large angels.

Am tinkering with the idea of a ghost ribbon eel(P brummeri)...

Jordan,

Is your stand completely made from lumber or do you have a metal support stand with a wood "skin?"

14 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Entirely wood.

Made by Planet?  Plywood or dimensional lumber?