mikediamo

Finally made it here from LARC

Hello my name is Michael Diamond I got into aquariums in 2006 when i was stationed in Hawaii. It was easy to catch your own fish and i get wallet shock when i goto stores. In 2010 i joined LARC . For those that were members and active I had a son that was diagnosed with a deadly cancer. He fell in love with reef tanks at St Jude and so i joined to learn more about the hobby. Several members helped me by coming to my house (AQUASCAPER), Donating corals (REEF TANK GREG), and A nice costume made light hanger (MyCoralGarden).  Here is the Aquarium in 2010. So now i still have the tank and lost most of the livestock in the flood last year. My son has beaten cancer and is doing well. A few months ago a coworker gave me a complete 180 gallon system from coral connections that im upgrading and setting up. This is a huge jump from the 35 gallon hex i ran for so long. I will be starting a thread on it soon. 

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

• Like 2

Mike, I was so happy when you let me know a while back that your son had pulled through it all. Back then I had no real idea what it was like to be a father. As one now, of a four year old, it is even more special to know that your son beat cancer. 

As for the tank. Same drill as before. Come on by and get some corals any time. Just let me know!

On 11/20/2017 at 3:14 PM, mikediamo said:

Hello my name is Michael Diamond I got into aquariums in 2006 when i was stationed in Hawaii. It was easy to catch your own fish and i get wallet shock when i goto stores. In 2010 i joined LARC . For those that were members and active I had a son that was diagnosed with a deadly cancer. He fell in love with reef tanks at St Jude and so i joined to learn more about the hobby. Several members helped me by coming to my house (AQUASCAPER), Donating corals (REEF TANK GREG), and A nice costume made light hanger (MyCoralGarden).  Here is the Aquarium in 2010. So now i still have the tank and lost most of the livestock in the flood last year. My son has beaten cancer and is doing well. A few months ago a coworker gave me a complete 180 gallon system from coral connections that im upgrading and setting up. This is a huge jump from the 35 gallon hex i ran for so long. I will be starting a thread on it soon. 

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

I think it is great to find that you have true friends and a support network.  

I think that I know some of the people you mentioned in your post.  Where is Aquascaper?

This is my first post on this website.

On 11/22/2017 at 11:05 AM, 6lilfishes said:

Aquascaper was a member nice guy he no longer keeps tanks from my understanding. Haven’t seen him in about 3 years

WAIT.......... Scaper is gone?  No way.  Tell me it aint so.