Sign in to follow this  
Mobilecal

WTB Chaeto Reactor

6 posts in this topic

Anyone have a new Chaeto Reactor they want to sell? Don't need a pump, Just the reactor. 

Increasing fish load, want to run a reactor to reduce phosphates for SPS....

Cheato also absorbs nitrates. I would wait a while before going there. Test for both until you see things kinda stabilize. See where the added fish will take you. If phosphates gets too high, there is always water changes.

Something I forgot to add. Since you lost most of the nitrate consuming corals, nitrates may rise fast. Need to test often. 

I let my nitrates go to zero again. Losing more SPS colonies. Knee jerk reaction was to buy a dosing pump and container. With less SPS to consume nitrates, dosing is causing high nitrates. Some SPS are now RTN on a daily basis. Keep up on your testing.

4 hours ago, stoned said:

Something I forgot to add. Since you lost most of the nitrate consuming corals, nitrates may rise fast. Need to test often. 

I let my nitrates go to zero again. Losing more SPS colonies. Knee jerk reaction was to buy a dosing pump and container. With less SPS to consume nitrates, dosing is causing high nitrates. Some SPS are now RTN on a daily basis. Keep up on your testing.

Sounds like neither of us can catch a break..