RedStickReefer

Radion Disco Balling

My Radions have always had a slight disco balling effect from day one, but over my 120g it was barely noticeable.  Well, I'm not sure if it's because of the height difference the light is at on the 30g or what, but the disco balling effect is pretty severe.  It looks like moving plaid patterns all over the sand bed and is kind of annoying...  I was wondering if y'all have any suggestions on helping reduce this disco ball effect?  The lights were only about 6" above the water surface, but around 30" from the sand bed on my 120g.  They are now about 8.5" above the water surface on the RMS mounts, but only 24" above the sand bed.  Do you think adjusting the light intensity could help?  I only have them set at 40% intensity right now.  I cant adjust the RMS mounts vertically...I can live with it if there's nothing I can do, but it's kind of a bummer.

keep an eye out for the xr30 diffuser, Ecotech has released the xr15 diffuser already so the xr30 version shouldn't be too far out.  This will help with that effect i believe.

5 hours ago, Smtwinn said:

keep an eye out for the xr30 diffuser, Ecotech has released the xr15 diffuser already so the xr30 version shouldn't be too far out.  This will help with that effect i believe.

Nice!  I have not heard of this diffuser.  I'll definitely look into it.  Thanks!