Sign in to follow this  
Mobilecal

GFO Rinsing

6 posts in this topic

So I just had a brain fart but not sure how much I have effected this. I have recently rinsed out my GFO with tap water to get the fines out of it. By using tap water, and I exhausting the GFO before it even reached the tank?

I've always rinsed GFO and carbon under tap water to get the dust and small fines out. Then I always put the reactor outlet for each in a bucket and let a few gallons of tank water run thru them before putting them in action. 

I've always rinsed GFO and carbon under tap water to get the dust and small fines out. Then I always put the reactor outlet for each in a bucket and let a few gallons of tank water run thru them before putting them in action. 

Why not just save a step and just hook it up and rinse with tank water? That’s all I have ever done

I tried That a few times and would get small stains on my filter socks where the outlets of the reactors dump into them at. Looked like skidmards! Lmao :rollingyellow: It probably doesn't hurt anything but I'm to OCD bout stuff like that so I started giving it a quick rinse.