Sign in to follow this  
RedStickReefer

Aquaculture Nursery Farms

6 posts in this topic

Has anyone ordered from Aquaculture Nursery Farms before?  Apparently my google foo must be lacking because when I google Live Amphipods they are one of the top two that show up in the search.  Apparently I should've ordered from Royal Reef...I only ordered 30 amphipods on the 19th of Dec. and they just shipped on Dec. 26th.  Well, it's the 29th and still no amphipods.  I know they're some tough lil SOBs, but let's not push it right?  I thought they were going to be delivered today, but nothing thus far as of 6pm....If any of them are still alive when they get here they're not going in my tank.  I'm dumping them in a bucket and inspecting for flatworms and god knows what else.  If their shipping practices of live animals are this laxed I'm questioning what I bought...no pests will be introduced to my tank.

Never heard of them; I'd be amazed if they're still kicking if they don't come tonight. I went the Royal Reefs route for amphipods and was completely satisfied with the product but their communication could use some work.

I dump hundreds of amphipods (back into tank) out of my filter sock every time I change them. You are welcome to them if you want but there is a catch. Tank is currently fallow due to Velvet. Jan 12 is the 6 week mark where no Velvet could survive w/o a host. 

Cool, thanks for being transparent with the velvet issue Jordan.  I'm so early on with this tank adding pods from your tank wouldn't hurt.  I don't plan on adding fish for several more weeks.  I'll update this thread when and if these amphipods ever come in.  Got the flashlight ready and will post pics on arrival and of anything I find upon inspection.

The amphipods were delivered today.  Surprisingly, all but two were alive.  They were shipped without a heat pack and it's been pretty chilly out...I pulled them out of the box and inspected the bag VERY closely with a flashlight.  I didn't find any pests, so I temp acclimated them and put them in my tank.  We'll see how they do.

25524132518_6d96131880_k.jpg2017-12-30_02-35-37 by Jensen Esneault

38516421155_325e14a5f5_k.jpg2017-12-30_02-35-51 by Jensen Esneault