Sign in to follow this  
k_bartholomew33

Three months in

14 posts in this topic

Takeee your time on things lol bc you can spend a lot of money on killing stuff lol...what lights are you using?

Tbh currents are eh lights specially if you want to get into corals which will require more par or so but the currents are good for soft corals and stuff, but for SPS and some LPS it won’t be good

Correct me if I’m wrong, the current pro isn’t just two of the light bars, correct? It still comes with the 1/2w leds, which is the same as a regular current orbit. I am running a 48” current ic led, and one 24” orbit led older model. Not sure how much older, but the 24” that is not loop compatible has much brighter leds than the ic. I’d say you need a little more to run high demand lps, sps, and clams. Even the pro model does not put out much light. But it is great for a softie tank, and the weather patterns are awesome. 

What size is your tank?

Lol I wish it was but it’s 48’ long not sure the other dimensions but it’s definitely 50 gal. So another question what if I have two current leds would that give me a stronger par reading

Currents it self don’t give that much par itself just the quality and tbh you wouldn’t know unless you had a par meter to measure

• Like 1

There have been studies done on it. Remember seeing it when I was doing my research. They have a chart on their website that is accurate according to some reefers readings on them.

• Like 1