Sign in to follow this  
mknightryder

Tunze osmolator 3155 overfilling

I picked up a brand new TO 3155 many months back, but never installed it on my tank. Well, yesterday, I pulled my 6 yro JBJ ato w/ AquaLifter pump off and installed the 3155. Problem I am having is when it fills it is adding too much... I have both the sensor eye and the high limit float on the same magnet in a calm corner of my return section. I decided on this install to let the pump add fresh top off water to the display tank instead of the sump. My JBJ used to add to the return section. Is it possible that it is taking too much time for the newly added water to mix inside the 150g display tank and by the time the electronic eye senses it in the return section it is too high? Where it adds water the line is well above the water line in the display so there is no way it can pull a siphon either. Also, I turned the flow of the pump down by taking the cover off the Tunze 5017 water level controller. This seemed to help, but not a solid fix. I'm debating about just letting it add top off water to the same section as the sensor like my old set up did. Blue tape in pic is where the optical eye water level is, but it keeps adding water after that line is reached. 

Any advice and help sure would be appreciated. My salinity dropped from the usual 1.026 to bumping 1.024 in 24 hrs trying to figure it out and now I'm not confident in it....  I woke up this morning to it being too high, but the controller had a blinking red light saying too low.... wtf!:shrug:

20180218_105809.jpg

20180218_105821.jpg

20180218_105835.jpg

20180218_113107.jpg

Think I got it figured out last night by re-routing the pump's line to the return chamber. Same chamber sensor is in. Same way I had my previous ATO set up. Guess it was taking to long to mix in the display enough to finally register in the return chamber...