Rollininthehay

New leopard wrasse

Just got this guy today. He was eating brine and mysis at the store. Been using reef masstick lately for the other fish. Hope he'll go for it. This is the second one I've had. First wouldn't eat at all.259f471f6be38238f464520d8953b515.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

this is a bit off topic but i have a leopard wrasse for about a yr now and he has had no issues at all.  He ate great and was very active.  I came home yesterday and he was acting funny, like he couldn't swim very well.  His front fins worked fine but its like he couldn't move from the middle back to his tail.  I could not find any wounds or see any spots or any sign of apparent disease. Maybe a hump in his side like broke or injured his spine.  I am clueless as to what is wrong with him.  Could he have hit a rock with enough force to mess up his spine?  i know he buries at night and does it really fast

1 hour ago, skydirt said:

this is a bit off topic but i have a leopard wrasse for about a yr now and he has had no issues at all.  He ate great and was very active.  I came home yesterday and he was acting funny, like he couldn't swim very well.  His front fins worked fine but its like he couldn't move from the middle back to his tail.  I could not find any wounds or see any spots or any sign of apparent disease. Maybe a hump in his side like broke or injured his spine.  I am clueless as to what is wrong with him.  Could he have hit a rock with enough force to mess up his spine?  i know he buries at night and does it really fast

I'm no fish expert, but I recall that leopards do have a poor track record for longevity in home aquariums. 

How big is your tank?  They are listed as needing at least a 50 gallon tank to start, also classified as expert only for care requirements.  

My tank is 120g. Like I said, he's been doing great in there. He was one of the most active and ate really well. Plenty of pods, mysis and pellets. He would even peck at nori with my tangs. It was all of the sudden it's like his back half can barely move and has a bend in it. Four days now and no visible signs of disease or wounds. But he's still kicking

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk