RedStickReefer

BRS 2 Part

7 posts in this topic

I ordered some stuff from BRS last week and I was shocked to see they are discontinuing their 2 part.  Does anybody know why they might be doing this?  Also, I'm curious if you currently use their 2 part, what are you switching to?  Im currently using their 2 part, but im thinking about trying out the B-ionic stuff.  Ive never tried it.

I'm dosing the Older BRS 2 parts that come in their 1 gallon jugs. Still have enough for the next 6 months... I dose Just over 100ml's a day of Sodium Bicarbonate and Calcium Chloride since the BRS Kalkwasser through the kalk stirrer doses about 1.25 gallons through-out the day. 

I had seen where they were going away with the clear jugs, and using the Mylar styled bags to put the products in. I assumed it was the same stuff just different packaging... Going to suck if its different cause I got it all figured out! :banghead: Might be time for a Calcium Reactor!!

Cool. Thanks for the link.  I swear I clicked on that last week and it said it was discontinued...Maybe I clicked on the wrong thing.  I'm glad to know they aren't discontinuing selling the product altogether as I thought.

I saw that too, the 1 gallon package may be convenient not having to measure but looks more expensive. I miss the 1 gallon buckets they used to sell it in, perfect when a 5 gallon is just too big. :)

I ordered the 7 pound bags of calcium and alk. We'll see how it does.  Has to be better than what im using now from them.  The soda ash has a brownish tint to it after mixing...yuck.