Shadow1

What have you done for your tank this week?

470 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, stoned said:

I almost crashed my tank this past Saturday. I worked that day and worked a truck that caused diesel to run down my arm past my elbow. I must have never washed my arm too good. But I went home, turned the power heads off. Stuck my arm in the tank past the elbow to reach the bottom to move some corals around. After I finished, turned the power heads back on. Within a minute all my euphyllia closed up tight. Toadstool and palys closed too. I removed what corals I could and put then in my 40 gal. Realizing what was possibly gone wrong. I ran carbon and lots of water changes that night. But everything seems to be recovering. 

It could've always been worse,,,lol... you could've washed up with anti-bacterial soap and left some on your arm and moved coral around.. just saying...  hope all is better...

I tripled my rack space by adding more racks thinkin I would have plenty of room to start fragging some colonies.. now im scratching my head because not one frag was cut.....

30f8edefe54c16f0497a17e355970f7c.jpg

16 hours ago, sfg said:

I tripled my rack space by adding more racks thinkin I would have plenty of room to start fragging some colonies.. now im scratching my head because not one frag was cut.....

Dang! I know who I'm looking for when the tank is ready for frags!

Is that a Ventralis Anthias on the left?

I wish.

I think that is my Spendid Pintail Wrasse. Or it could be one of my bartletts.

Me too! I was about to bombard you with questions.

Lol, a trio of them is on my bucket list for my future tank. Always loved the way they looked. Just not the stories on their success..

On 11/1/2016 at 2:13 PM, sfg said:

How much for all? :D

Nice rack!

Wow, I have been out a long time I guess, finally have a place to set a system up again. Going to attempt to replicate the old 40B easy and simple.

No one has done anything for your tank since 2016???

4 hours ago, Shadow1 said:

Wow, I have been out a long time I guess, finally have a place to set a system up again. Going to attempt to replicate the old 40B easy and simple.

No one has done anything for your tank since 2016???

4 hours ago, 110reef said:

Nope!

We've all been waiting for you to come back!

I'm glad to see you have revived this thread Mr. Richard @Shadow1!!! I used to love this thread! Matter a fact I need to do a wc tonight and update my ragidy NAUGHTY WORD 150g tank thread! Lmao :rolling: Can' wait to see if you can duplicate another build like the 40B was! Going to have to fill them saddle bags up on that Harley! :partydance:

I have been talking with Gerwin at Just Fish. I have the tank and a real sump to use. It will be just as simple as in the past, minimal rock, no filtration other than a sponge the sump for heater and 

ATO and of course additional water volume. 

I have everything but lighting and return pump. 

Livestock as before will be strictly LPS

As as far as Harley transport that 9 plus hour trip might be tough.....

these will probably come by car...

being in Florida I am 3 hours from almost anything other than the Keys so I have options here that might work out well.