kirk_m

Kirk_M's 120 gallon

213 posts in this topic

It's been a very long time since I posted an FTS of my 120.  Since losing all the huge acro colonies, my tank has just looked empty.  Things are coming along, but, the new SPS frags up at the top of the tank just aren't growing quickly enough for my liking.  All my LPS and softies recovered a few months after the crash, and, are doing very well.

9535067324_d138919312_o.jpg
  • Like 4

Dang Kirk. You couldn't wait until tomorrow. I just updated my pic. Anyway looks awesome. Nice job.

• Like 1

Sorry about the losses, but the tank looks great as is. Packed full of goodness. :)

• Like 1

Man the whole time I'm looking at you picture I'm shopping. Like I need one of those two of these and a bunch of that. Man that is an awesome tank.

• Like 1

if I knew I could get my tank that clean and pretty looking, I would have crashed it months ago. Beautiful tank Kirk

• Like 1

Must admit it is very odd seeing lots of small sps frags in your tank. With that being said, the tank looks amazing as usual and there's a ton of BEAUTIFUL colonies in there to be proud of!

• Like 1

Looking forward to watching it grow... Makes me think I need to get a bunch of frags for my tank soon after my new light arrives... maybe PEA will have some more of those pack up soon.

• Like 1

Such an amazingly beautiful tank. Very few people in this hobby are ever capable or willing to keep a tank going for so long. It's one of the best tanks around despite a few setbacks. 

• Like 1

The tank looks excellent Kirk.  I have a question or two.  Are you going to leave all those SPS where they are in the upper left?  They seem pretty close together, so if you are leaving them, how are you going to deal with growout?  Just frag them away frome each other?  Not trying to take anything away, just genuinely curious.  I have a few frags in my rack I'd love to squeeze onto my rockwork, but I'm worried about having enough room for growout.  Thanks.

• Like 1

Jensen, yes, that is a concern of mine. I had all sorts of stuff growing on top of each other before my crash, and tried really hard to limit my Acros this time to just a few and allow them to get really large, but, that plan has failed me, lol. I guess I will be doing frequent prunings. Those SPS are all on one of those vita rock frag stations and are easily removed at this time.

Okay, I had to ask.  I've had people tell me in the past "they're smoothskins, they can touch".  In my experience that is not true.  As soon as they touch one will kill the other and begin to encrust over it.  I had a suspicion that was a frag rock...good news and easy for you to manage.

Okay, I had to ask.  I've had people tell me in the past "they're smoothskins, they can touch". 

I think they were talking about you bald headed fellas... you sure this wasn't a bald friend of yours coming onto you?