HumbleFish

Frogspawn & Candy Cane

29 posts in this topic

Got some frogspawn & candy cane for sale (see pics below). I'm making a quick trip to Metairie/West Bank tomorrow, and just thought I'd see if anyone is interested. I can't really meet outside of Jefferson Parish, as I'm supposed to be coming down there to help a friend find a car. I'll check this thread again in the morning before I leave.

Frogspawn - $10/head
Candy Cane - $5/head (smallest frag I have is 2 heads)

100_1924_zpsabe95ce8.jpg

100_1932_zps5ff9dbc0.jpg

They stand up easier that way. I do that with many of my LPS corals, especially Euphyllia. Anything that grows in a stalk form lends itself to use of PVC to stand it in and let a colony grow out into it. It keeps them from falling into the sand and getting smothered, and also keeps them lifted above the sand.

Edited by kirk_m

this may be a silly question but to you put them in the pvc? personal reasons or something else?

I ran out of space to stick them in my rocks, and I'm paranoid about them tipping over if I just stick them in the sand.

cool. didnt' mean to thread jack

Not at all! It's a good question. I actually just saw another guy doing it online, and thought to myself, "That works." lol

OK, I'll be travelling to my sister's (who lives in New Iberia) on Dec 26th. This path takes me thru Lafayette. I'm also considering taking a detour thru Baton Rouge, but since it's more than an hour out of my way I will need several people interested in order to justify it.

I was able to cut the mother frogspawn into several different frags - 2 heads, 3 heads, 5 heads, 8 heads. All of the frags have opened back up beautifully. I will take pics and post them to this thread shortly.

I also have the candy canes for sale (see pic at the top). They are mostly in clusters of 4, 5 or 6... but I do also have some 2 headers.

Prices: 
Frogspawn - $10/head (smallest frag I have is 2 heads)
Candy Cane - $5/head (smallest frag I have is 2 heads)

Or I'll give you the frogspawn for $5/head if you buy 5 or more heads. I just need to hold back a few of the frogspawn for some folks in Shreveport.

OK, last bump before I leave here tomorrow AM.

All of the larger frags are already spoken for, but I believe I still have a 4 head and some 2 head frags left of the frogspawn.

And plenty of Candy Canes.

I will be passing thru both Baton Rouge and Lafayette tomorrow.

if you could swing down to gonzales ( not far from baton rouge) I'd buy one 4 and one 2 head frogspawn and a 5 head candy cane

I'm meeting all the other buyers at the Petco on Perkins Rd in BR. Does that work for you?

If not, I should be passing thru BR again (and down I-10 to New Orleans) in the next few months. Sorry I can't do better right now, but I'm on a tight schedule to make it to a family gtg in New Iberia.

If it is still available next time you decide to New Orleans or Baton Rouge, I would like to buy some Frogspawn from you. Just a small frag and certainly not in any hurry. 

Thanks.

If it is still available next time you decide to New Orleans or Baton Rouge, I would like to buy some Frogspawn from you. Just a small frag and certainly not in any hurry. 

Thanks.

Roger that, I've got plenty left. 

Bump. Will be driving down to NOLA (and possibly thru BR) on Thursday.

I mostly have 3, 4, 5, 6 head candy cane frags left, and I believe mostly 4-6 head frogspawns (will check in the AM before they open).

Pics are at the beginning of this thread.

OK, so now the CC are available (big misunderstanding). I have:

1 - 3 head
2 - 4 head
1 - 5 head
1 - 6 head

Probably too late now... but I'll be up most of the night making my tanks "wife proof" for two weeks, and I'll check back here periodically. I'm leaving tomorrow morning or early afternoon.

Also, have frogspawn frags. $5/head.

Bump... I will be travelling to Houston on Monday. My travel route takes me thru Shreveport, so if anyone wants to buy candy cane or frogspawn frags PM me. They look like the pics at the beginning of this thread. Thanks

I will probably be traveling to both in the near future. My sister lives in New Iberia, and since discovering Aqua Hut I actually would love to move to BR.  :D