Shadow1

Who has a 10 gallon or less PICO system?

17 posts in this topic

Same as the 300 thread, just for curiosity

Introduce yourself and what micro system you are running. No winner no loser just curiosity on who is out there.

lurkers post up

I have a Fluval spec V won at one of our meets. Has 4 ricordia 2 Sexy Shrimp, 1 brittle Star, and 1 yellow Watchman.

Technically 10gal is still nano, picos are 7.5gal and under, but that's peanuts to you large tank guys, lol. I have an 8gal Biorb with maxi nems, mini nems, palys, psp, and a white spot anemone shrimp.

Edited by Lalani

Ok so I have the terminology wrong but I think this will be a cool thing to watch both monster and mini systems and who is out there. I hope some of the folks who have not been saying a lot will speak up.

Oh I was just saying, we've debated about it in the past, heh. Definitely want to see more nano and pico owners chime in! :)

I've got a small tank (~8gal).  I'm in the process of downsizing from a 30 gallon display with a 20 gallon sump and am really happy with the change.  I did a 50% water change today (4 gal) on my nano and it was extremely easy.  Also, I can focus more on spot feeding corals, which I have found is one of the reasons I really like keeping reef tanks.

44f77b83-4a15-4ce9-a0e0-1f0cb24eea3f.jpg

My 14g cube only holds 10g do to the equipment n scape does that count? As for as competing with the larger systems havent seen one win the FTS yet!!!

I believe yours qualifies as 10 or under since the big tanks are taking out rock displacement for their size. That is a very nice tank.

5A1A6DDD-CF2C-4557-95E9-BD44A4638708.thumb.jpeg.f65f5dc54ef38e81c4428461e1e92695.jpegHowdy!

Y’all are real big pico fellows out there!

Mine is a quart oxo jar.  

inverts: blue legged hermit, red legged hermit, astria snail, asterina starfish, micro brittle starfish, bristle worms, zoa eating nudibranch

cnadarians: cinamon zoas, green palys, gsp,anthelia, aptasia, majanos

macroalgae: red grape, deadmans hands, calcifing cactus, hair algae

fish: neon snarknose goby.

Yes, it is a pest pico.

Howdy!

I think 5 gal or less is a pico,

5-15 gal a micro, and 

less than 30 gal a nano; except micro is rarely a used term and these limits are fuzzy +\- 5gal.   Plus consider, these are well defined prefixes with pico < nano < micro in the metric system and is there any reason to wonder why we are confused?

I guess it probably follows “How small can you go” is a pico and anything you’d “contemplate” a complete water change on a regular basis a nano.

Any how, here’s my 16 gal nano or would that be a pico?

BAF06423-672A-4093-A02E-41D01FE0E2F9.jpeg

4 hours ago, cajuncrustacean said:

Howdy!

Nothing could be easier.  Sealed container (no top off needed);  Feed and then 100% water change weekly.   Then say so long to additives, and testing.  Big tanks are sooo 20th century!

What about lighting, heating, and flow?