LA_Mixed_Reef

Joining the ranks of the itty bitty fishy committee....

104 posts in this topic

So today I was sitting at my desk wondering where I should go with my hobby, and how painful it was not to be able to see any of my passion at my desk. Well, this inspired me to start searching for a viable option for my desk. After about 3 hours my decision was made clear. It would be a CADlights 4gal mini, this bad boy can even grow SPS! And to make it better, they were having a sale. I ended up buying the system for $90, I am still not sure what it will be stocked with but we all know that a really nice piece of SPS would look stellar! 

This is a picture from the site but i will be doing a full build soon with this little dude!

8-gallon-aquarium-front-cad-lights.jpg

CAD-4G.jpg

• Like 1

Uhm...that's not six feet.

everything looks bigger to the owner. We thought he said 300gal he really said 3gal. So in reality he went bigger.

a Deep water like a single Red Dragon something like that would be a nice centerpiece.

Ok ok, it'll be badass!

LOL 

That's adorable! I'd definitely put a dainty sps in there too!

*facepalm*

Uhm...that's not six feet.

well i cant really fit a 6' at my desk, but the 220 is ordered. So there will b a build for that soon. But i still have a lot to do before that is ready.

a Deep water like a single Red Dragon something like that would be a nice centerpiece.

I was thinking my ORA red planet, It will give me shag and white and red and green, maybe a fish. not sure yet. 

That makes me wish I had a desk.

Trust me! No you dont! It is so boring to sit here all day until you are called out on a vessel

So I need a little insight...... I plan on building a DIY bio reactor for the little dude but i cant decide if i should do sand or not. 

Also I am thinking about get a few different types of coral in the system. My fish is already decided, I will be getting 2 green banded goby. And thinking that i will do a nice ricordea garden on the bottom. but for the top of the bonsai aquascape i plan on doing will be a few different types of SPS up top. All of the same genus that way maybe i can get a fusion.... :P

Jared, you still working on this?

I'd go sand, if it were me. I'm not a huge fan of the bare bottom look. I like pearly white sand :) That's a very clean looking little tank, been contemplating putting one in my office as well.

Yea i got distracted with work this past couple weeks and just got back in the office. I will take pics before i leave the office today and upload them. 

BTW yea i did do the sand bottom. 

So this is the first day. nothing really done but put about 5 lbs of rock into the cube and some sand. 

Here are the few pics of the first day:

IMG_20140228_141922_082.jpg

IMG_20140228_160837_796.jpg

IMG_20140228_160845_682.jpg

IMG_20140228_160826_764.jpg

These are the pics about a week after the originals were taken. And today i get back to the office and well as you see my coworkers decided to decorate since i wont turn the lights on nor stock the tank. 

Enjoy:

IMG_20140313_164307_969.jpg

IMG_20140313_164319_017.jpg

After i cleaned the artwork, 

IMG_20140313_164851_343.jpg

I am really not sure of the rock structure, I am thinking that i will be removing the rock at the top. i kinda dont like it. 

Haha, love the artwork.

Do you have a flatter piece of rock to put where that white one is?

Haha, love the artwork.

Do you have a flatter piece of rock to put where that white one is?

Ya know i did.... ya c i went and spent 60 bux on rock out of show tanks in various stores. Well Miguel jacked me at the show...... :( I guess i will have to get it back