saltyfish808

Saltyfish's 600 gallon build

Looks good!! Awesome touch to a magnificant system!!!

You may need to add a check valve on the drain line right before it enters the ditch. (all depends on how fast the rain water drains away from your property.) Reason being is whenever the ditch fills up on a good rainy day the water will flow back up the drain line towards the house. When the water finally resides it will leave out of course, but may leave sediment and debris behind inside the pipe and this can cause future headaches with blockages. We sometimes have to put 4" backwater/checkvalves on septic tank tail-lines for this reason.  A swing / flapper check would be better than a spring loaded check for gravity flow. HTH

Dang man, you don't play around.

You just now figuring that out Will?  If I had the chance to build my house from the design phase around a big tank, I would follow a similar path.  I'm just not ballin' enough to afford that.

I know it's been a while since I last updated anything, so I figured I would at least check in. The tank is doing fantastic, all parameters are very stable with just my weekly water changes and my calcium reactor. I am seeing great sps growth, and all my fish seem to be very happy.  I have a few new fish in the qt tank, they still have a few weeks to go before they get put in the display. The aquarium has been running about five months and still has a long way to go. I need to take some decent pictures , but my phone camera sucks and anything thing I take doesn't seem to do it justice. If anyone is bored, has a good camera and some aquarium picture skills , I would be glad to buy some beer for the occasion! 

Edited by saltyfish808