saltyfish808

Saltyfish's 600 gallon build

The tank is 96x48x34 so turned on its side it can go thru the front door, and there's always the double doors in the back! The tank will only be glass on two sides and will not really be to heavy.

Edited by saltyfish808

Just thought it would be worth asking. I have seen many dental offices build and some very silly things overlooked. Thought it would be worth mentioning. This will be epic!

I'm sure I have not covered everything, but I believe I have most of the things I need. The floor is dropped 3 1/2 inches with a floor drain with a tail piece trap primer from the tub sink in the corner of the room. I have installed a separate drain either going to run to pond or front ditch to drain saltwater to keep it out of the septic system. There is also 1 inch lines run outside if I decide to add a chiller to the system. The electric will run on its on circuits with outlets all around the room and ceiling above the tank. The whole room will be purple Sheetrock . The floor will be epoxied and epoxy will also be continued up the walls about 24 to 30 inches to allow the ability to hose out the room.

Looks like you have most of it covered. I missed a few lil things with my house but that will likely happen to us all.

its exciting watching your home being built....I throughly enjoyed watching my home being built.  Can't wait to build another and do what you're doing with the tank and fish room.

its exciting watching your home being built....I throughly enjoyed watching my home being built.  Can't wait to build another and do what you're doing with the tank and fish room.

I agree with this 100%. I wanted to sub my house out myself. Glad I didn't due to some health issues that came up with my girlfriend. It wouldn't have worked out well. I will however do it if/when we build another!

It is exciting, though it has been a bit taxing contracting it myself. It is something I always wanted to do!

Contracting yourself is always a headache.  It's hard to find contractors that are trustworthy.  When I build my next home I will hire a foreman.

I will also be doing all trim work , painting and flooring when it's time. I have a long road ahead but it will all be worth it

Edited by saltyfish808

Hey salty, If you are looking for a bio reactor i have a RO Biochurn 170r that is too large for my system. Let me know if you would be interested. I am willing to sell it for 400 ish

Hey salty, If you are looking for a bio reactor i have a RO Biochurn 170r that is too large for my system. Let me know if you would be interested. I am willing to sell it for 400 ish

i pretty much have all equipment needed, thanks for the offer though

Did you incorporate any venting fans for the evap or humidity in the aquarium room?

no vents, there is a fan in the room, and all purple sheetrock is being used for the walls

May need a some sort of dehumidifier with that amount of water. Not sure as i have never had that large of a system.

no vents, there is a fan in the room, and all purple sheetrock is being used for the walls

Ok, do you think you'll have the same effects happening in the tank room as we do in bathrooms? As far as moisture sitting on the walls/ceilings causing mildew starting to grow on the inner walls. I know you said you have mildew resistant Sheetrock.

I know you already have the Sheetrock, but, for anyone else considering a large tank and fish room, I'd recommend magnesiocore instead. It is more expensive, but, it's far better when water resistance is needed.