saltyfish808

Saltyfish's 600 gallon build

When is expected move in date? You got to be getting excited.

I'm hoping we will move in in December! It will be sheet rocked next week, which is when my work starts!

I have been wondering about something, I am not a builder so excuse the dumb question: The front left corner of the tank area, no support needed there to hold up the wall above the tank? Look forward to everything you post about this build :)

I have been wondering about something, I am not a builder so excuse the dumb question: The front left corner of the tank area, no support needed there to hold up the wall above the tank? Look forward to everything you post about this build :)

This particular situation was a little different, because we did not was to separate the dining area completely from our open main area ( living room, dining room, and kitchen), there is and 28ft 6x18 lvl beam that holds up the entire ceiling in those areas. The wall above the tank is just a fur down from the beam, and like Kirk stated there is no weight load above that corner or the entire tank. We truly designed a house around a fish tank........lol Edited by saltyfish808

Brandon, looks like it's time for you to get to work.

can not wait to start trimming the house out, and yes a lot of painting in my near future

On 10/25/2014 at 0:22 PM, stoned said:

Brandon, looks like it's time for you to get to work.

20141030_173124_zpsctyfqzrh.jpg

Edited by saltyfish808

I would definitely recommend Val spar duramax or reserve for exterior. That's all I use unless the customer wants something specific. Sherwin Williams duration is also another good one. They are pricey but will not fade like cheaper paints will over time.

That made me throw up in my mouth a little, I despise painting and can only imagine having close to 50 gallons of paint to go thru.

• Like 1

I only have a few doors to paint exterior, that's all wall and ceiling paint , I will still need to purchase trim paint. I do have a sprayer I will be using this weekend!