TheGrimmReefer

JF Homewrecker Acro

Cant find it on his website for price. Adam are you holding out on us? Did you buy this? Come on Adam, you among friends here.

I've read some post from Jason Fox about that piece and he basically said its called a homewrecker because the price is likely to wreck your home life. I'm sure it will be around $600 or so for a booger size frag. 

Edited by Checkitout

Well, I think a lot of the negativity stems from the obviously edited coral pictures (that someone on ReefBuilders had the audacity to say weren't greased).  No coral looks like that under normal lighting.  Couple it with the $600/bugger frag pricing, all this does is drive up prices across the spectrum for corals, because coral collectors in the islands have internet, too.  If they see that acro frag that they sold to someone as an entire colony for $50 going for $600/frag, you can bet that they are not going to repeat that mistake, and, will raise prices on other items too, since it seems some people are very easily separated from their money by a coral that gets tagged as a "Limited Edition" or some other such nonsense.

• Like 1

I know you guys are pointing out facts and I believe you but who in the hell falls for this? $600 for a limited edition coral?? Really? So we got extinct species now or something?

• Haha 1

I know you guys are pointing out facts and I believe you but who in the hell falls for this? $600 for a limited edition coral?? Really? So we got extinct species now or something?

Folks who have more dollars than sense, most likely.  Hey, it's a free country (for the time being), spend your money on what you like.  You won't be seeing me spending 6 bills on a coral frag, though.  As  PT Barnum said, "There's a sucker born every minute."

Like Kirk said. Take a look at "RR Maleficent" from the R2R national site. Something like 2 half-inch or 1in nubs sold for 2k when it was released. Whether it was sold or them trying to inflate the price even more I'm not sure.

Similar story from SPS apply to things like zoas as well. ASD Stratospheres became a very sought out zoa that ran 100-150 per polyp. ASD's mother colony melted from being fragged too much, and it doubled and continued to grow in price. I've seen some on wholesale listings for the exact same colony, but it has become a new classification of "ULTRA PREMIUM" zoas that cost 200 for a somewhat moderately sized colony of 15-20 polyps. Instead of the 50-100 "premium zoas" listing.

Edited by ihigh

Oh, you'd be surprised. People are nuts. The WD Tenius (Walt Disney Acro) is another one that is usually photographed and oversaturated, yet people spend $6-700 on a 3/4" frag. Hell, I saw one go for a full grand. It's ridiculous.  

Time to eat crow, that looks exactly the same!.

Zoa ace hats created this LE mess. Accidentally clicked the Zoa forum on RC and saw this---

Screenshot_2016-01-21-21-54-52_zpsh7kury

CB and their chalices too. lord have mercy, some I get are VERY bright in person. Anthony has a nice few, but some of those pictures require sunglasses.

3 minutes ago, Checkitout said:

Well here is a frag of it if anyone is wanting one. I personally like the expensive acros but come on man, get freaking real with this one. 

http://www.jasonfoxsignaturecorals.com/product_p/wyswyg-h69jhk.htm

Wow he even has a LE Blue frag plug with it! Totally worth ti!