vertigo

Fragniappe 2018

What happened to the forum and Frganiappe?

I have been away from the forum for a bit (although I wasn't that active to begin with ) and noticed that the threads and communication has drastically dropped off.

Has everyone lost the reefing bug and given up?

What's going on with Fragniappe? I checked the site and it seems as if it is even smaller than the first year?

It was the 1 event that I really looked forward to attending as all the vendors were in 1 place and I didn't have to drive all over the state to visit them.

Catch me up, what's going on?

Nothing is off with fragniappe or the site. We've just been busy after putting on the big show and some vendors are still recovering. Don't worry. Everything is all good. 

We had less than twenty vendors the first year and there will be around thirty this year. As for the forum, it's a sign of the times. There's 1,200 people on our Facebook group now happily posting away there. I wish the forum  was the same, but we resisted for too long and had to shift with the changing user base. 

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 7:39 AM, Reef Tank Greg said:

We had less than twenty vendors the first year and there will be around thirty this year. As for the forum, it's a sign of the times. There's 1,200 people on our Facebook group now happily posting away there. I wish the forum  was the same, but we resisted for too long and had to shift with the changing user base. 

Hey Greg, my comment regarding the amount of Vendors for the 2018 Fragniappe was due to the fact that there are only 18 exhibitors listed on Fragniappe.com.

No harm was meant with my comment. I was hoping that it hadn't lost momentum and is actually slated to be bigger than last year..

I hope that the forum continues to stay the course and doesn't relent to FB.

I was a member of the FB page but quit following as there was very little activity at the time.  Guess I am used to R2R..Lol No slight to BRK intended.

2 hours ago, vertigo said:

Hey Greg, my comment regarding the amount of Vendors for the 2018 Fragniappe was due to the fact that there are only 18 exhibitors listed on Fragniappe.com.

No harm was meant with my comment. I was hoping that it hadn't lost momentum and is actually slated to be bigger than last year..

That's always the case in the months before the show. The floor plan will be filled in as the show gets closer and likely more booths will be added. :) 

I can't wait for Fragniappe this year!  My tank should be ready, so I might be able to actually buy some corals this year.  I'm hoping Brandon with Fraghouse Corals is there again this year.  He has some of the nicest SPS frags I've ever seen in person.  In regard to the forum/facebook, I prefer the forum.  I guess it's just easier for people to post to the BRK Facebook group, since most people are already on Facebook several times per day for one reason or another.

I'd like to suggest a movement of the show for future shows so that I'm able to go....Every year I work the first weekend in March....;( Have yet to be able to attend. Maybe second weekend in march or last weekend in Feb?

got a wedding that afternoon.. so I am trying to make it there for doors open and scoop up some good softies!!

does anyone know if you have to be present to win raffles?

48 minutes ago, Roid Reefs said:

got a wedding that afternoon.. so I am trying to make it there for doors open and scoop up some good softies!!

does anyone know if you have to be present to win raffles?

Yes you have to be present to win for the raffle items. Sorry!!!:( Tell the newlyweds they need to reschedule that BS! :rollingyellow:

lmao. Right? who gets married on fraignappe day..

maybe that should be changed!! would probably help make some money on the raffle if you think about it. people like me who cant stay all day would buy some. just require a valid phone number for the raffle.

15 hours ago, Roid Reefs said:

lmao. Right? who gets married on fraignappe day..

maybe that should be changed!! would probably help make some money on the raffle if you think about it. people like me who cant stay all day would buy some. just require a valid phone number for the raffle.

Very good points, but Then ya have to arrange to mail all the stuff to customers or arrange pick up... total headache, time, and money. BRK has raffled stuff off in the past and it took months to cooridinate getting won items to the individuals. Plus, customer isn't out in the exhibit hall buying stuff( from exhibitors who packed all their stuff miles and miles to sell) while waiting on the raffle to take place... ;)

Nonetheless, we hope to see you there! Maybe you can find some raffle items that you really would like, and maybe have a reefer buddy hold tickets for You? Don't let the raffle discourage you though. Plenty of awesome stuff to see and be a part Of! 

On 1/17/2018 at 7:10 PM, mrmaytagg said:

I just dont have facebook amd wont. So if the forum dies im done i guess.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ditto