Reef Tank Greg

Greg's 360 Peninsula Build

One of the things people noticed most was an apparent 3" of dead space with a 21" tall overflow box and a 24" tall tank. Keep in mind the total height of tank is 24". That includes the 1/2" bottom and the 1" of laminated top bracing. Leaving an inch and a half between the top of overflow and bracing. For my returns, I will be running thos over the top/end.

Here's the final plans. Had the overflow size changed up a bit to make it easier to get in for maintenance and plumbing. Since it's directly under bracing.  One other aspect is to drill the holes a little more than 2" from edge per request of stand builder. Also, the pvc cover for overflow is now shown. That will cover the whole overflow and have a fish guard at top preventing any from getting in. 

image.png

image.png

Good to hear about the fish guard. I have lost many fish in my overflow, and even when I know they are in there, getting them out is nearly impossible. You may remember I had a blonde Naso in my overflow for over 6 months before I realized that was where he was. I got him out but it was really difficult and the fish was rather scraped up when it was over. I have also had clowns in there that I never got out. Sometimes they take the ride down to the sump, but I also have trouble getting a fish out of the sump due to space constraints and the various physical impediments in a sump like baffles and pumps and pipes and heaters and UVs and...

Edited by 110reef

Tick tick! looks good from the drafting lets see what the real deal looks like.... Whats the eta of tank arrival?

Tank builder is around a week out before the receive the glass for the tank. Meanwhile, my sump is just about done. Has some routing work left on it. It should ship out along with my matching ATO container by the end of the week. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Reef Tank Greg said:

Whole house generator

Very nice! And here I thought I was doing good battery back ups 🤣🤣

Can't wait to see this beast of a tank grow out! 

41 minutes ago, Saltforbrains said:

Very nice! And here I thought I was doing good battery back ups 🤣🤣

Can't wait to see this beast of a tank grow out! 

I will have a couple battery backups too. For a couple pumps and lights so there is no flicker during any transition from Entergy grid to house generator.  

Tell me about the battery backup you are using.  I always worry about damage to my equipment from  the transition from electric co. supply to generator power whenever mine goes out.

2 hours ago, kirk_m said:

Tell me about the battery backup you are using.  I always worry about damage to my equipment from  the transition from electric co. supply to generator power whenever mine goes out.

That is my concern too. Supposedly no issue, but rather err on side of caution. I have not decided yet, but will let you know once I do.

Great update Greg!

Looks like they installed the same genny they installed for me.  Definitely helps with your peace of mind while traveling and the like.  

• Like 1