Salt_for_Brains

Red Sea Reefer build

We first bought a 55 with a 90 gallon sump but I broke the 90 gallon. Ooops

So got to order a new tank the other day and the wife and I decided on a Red Sea Reefer 250 (yes we wanted bigger but budget wouldn't allow)

This is where we decide to put it.

2" off the walls so there's room in case something happens, also have a GFI plug coming.

Will be adding another cabinet to hold controllers and other non wet items.

I will be taking the ATO that comes with it and turn it into a fuge and using a RODI bucket as the ATO. Will put in a manifold (one-day)

Stay tuned for updates!

e9ca30b99fcb99d5ff990f97f4219c48.jpgeaccd29b5cdb7d3e6f3420ded3dd7188.jpg

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Ordered just placed in with BRS
2 RO/DI Flood Guardians
Hanna Testers
Salt mix (Red Sea Coral Pro)
Refactormeter
Vectra S2 DC return pump
Rodi T
Connections to make a line loc Y for the top of the return
Duetto dual sensor ATO
Reef Octopus classic 150 SSS 6" SPACE SAVING Skimmer
Led Heater
Salifert Nitrate and Ammonia test kits
Temperature Controller
Some plastic clamps DIY screen top net and a bar fitting for the return pump.

Ordered this pack from Marine Depot
1Radion XR 15w G4 pro (might get another one)
Tank mount for it
1 MP10wQD
WiFi controller
Driver mount
Battery back up
And 3 foam covers for the mp10 (should be in tomorrow 8/21/09

Rock is 20lbs of Life Rock (should also be in tomorrow 8/21/09)

Some items came in..
The lights are for the sump area and cabinet I'm going to build next to the stand and tank.
Lights are Motion sensor USB rechargeablee49b694ca4602adb13c4e745e3e95119.jpga032ecdca5d6ad4d068bc3aa7781cf19.jpg

Tagging along! 

I love the taping off the spot on the floor. I do that too! Currently have a spot on floor now with tape. [mention=73]ericd000[/mention] saw it yesterday. [emoji1787]
I did to as close of the measurements as I could, but all the pictures and videos I've seen the tank looks so much bigger compared to my tape [emoji23]

2 hours ago, Salt_for_Brains said:

Would be nice if I can get my stupid lights would sync up

If you are trying to use the ReefLink, you may have to do a reset on the light and have the ReefLink rediscover after that.

If you are trying to use the ReefLink, you may have to do a reset on the light and have the ReefLink rediscover after that.

I had to do a reset on the Reeflink but got it working and a schedule programed in on 48% brightness..
That's why I wanted to have 2 of the Radion's [emoji1745].

Also on a side note got the RODI all hooked up and there's air getting in on the auto shut off valve to the point of no water coming out.

Glad you got the ReefLink figured out.  I had more trouble getting my Vortecs to link to mine than the lights.  Mostly because I had been running them via my Apex WXM module prior to getting the ReefLink with the lights.

As for the Auto Shut off on the RODI, I can't really help much there.  I use swing arm floats for my shut off inside my water containers, have worked flawlessly for years. 

Are you running the RODI straight to your sump or something like that? 

Glad you got the ReefLink figured out.  I had more trouble getting my Vortecs to link to mine than the lights.  Mostly because I had been running them via my Apex WXM module prior to getting the ReefLink with the lights.

As for the Auto Shut off on the RODI, I can't really help much there.  I use swing arm floats for my shut off inside my water containers, have worked flawlessly for years. 
Are you running the RODI straight to your sump or something like that? 
I was going to run it to the sump but the tank won't fit in the spot where the old fridge was lol.

This the 4 way valve on the unit its self

I use a solenoid-operated by a double float switch for RO/DI directly to my sump. It has been working flawlessly for many years now. Autotopoff.com.

Not sure how you can be getting air into the RO/DI unit. It runs under pressure, so no way for air ingress.

Edited by 110reef

Been a week since we ordered the tank and still haven't gotten anything back. I'm going to wait till Wednesday before I call them and ask about it.

Went all out on this build! It's going to be sweet!
Yeah I did, I did it this way because we all like to upgrade later down the road and this was I can use just about everything besides the MP10s and maybe a different skimmer on an upgrade.

99% done! Waiting on UPS for the RODI so I can start making water. Nother MP10, Radion and battery back up.. still haven't figured out where I'm going to plug those in at. 1776112a62753e4965be9df05338a479.jpg036976b330a539fa7dee3ec9857574b9.jpg9cb4fa80b507f1906a032a0020ae2ff6.jpgae01d7505ead985139020408eb4ae8b6.jpg06f62e666f2003403b3533ead50dc628.jpga7909e1634350242e21ac8be795e7d4b.jpg

• Like 1

Man that’s a sweet setup. I believe Red Sea has always made the best package deal for sure. Can’t wait to see this thing grow out. Don’t hesitate if you have any questions or need any help with anything. We are all here to help.

Man that’s a sweet setup. I believe Red Sea has always made the best package deal for sure. Can’t wait to see this thing grow out. Don’t hesitate if you have any questions or need any help with anything. We are all here to help.

I'm going to let it cycle for 4 months before I add any fish or corals.
Yeah it was either Red Sea or Waterbox, but I'm really happy with this setup tho I can't run a manifold for reactors but I'll figure something out.