BRK Staff

Supporting Membership Drive - Buy 3 Get 1 Free

Bayou Reefkeeping currently has nearly 70 supporting members. That's an incredible number considering we only have 452 registered members on the site! In an effort to step things up to a new level as we prepare for bigger and better things, we are offering an incentive to our existing founding and supporting members. A Buy 3, Get 1 Free supporting membership drive.

Here's how it works. As a founding or supporting member, you can get a free one year subscription added to your account if you are able to help three other members become supporting members. All you have to do is get three people to support BRK via a supporting member subscription and then post in this topic that they are doing so because you helped them understand how they can support the club.

Thinking of becoming a supporting member and already have someone in mind to speak up for? Perhaps someone has been very helpful to you and you would like to return the favor. Well then you can do so by supporting BRK via a yearly subscription and posting in this topic that you did so because of them.

Example of how this will work:

Joe is currently a supporting member. His current subscription expires Nov 1, 2012. He lets several non-supporting members know about supporting Bayou Reefkeeping via a supporting membership subscription and tells them about this membership drive topic. Three of those people, Bob, Fred, and Jill all become supporting members and post in this topic that they became supporting members because Joe helped them understand how to support the club. Joe then gets his subscription extended to Nov 1, 2013 at no cost.

Terms:

Limit one free year per supporting member.

A new supporting member can only vouch for one current supporting member.

This membership drive will go until August 31st at midnight unless otherwise extended.

Awesome idea and a great way to fune this otherwise FREE resource! Obviously I am already a supporting member, but I still push BRK everytime I can and will continue.

The friendships I have gained from here are growing as well.

I'll go first and hope this fits. Tobias Funke (Jordan) and I actually met on another site. We quickly learned that we both felt the same way about certain other sites and he assured me this was a different kind of site. After a very short time, I found he was right. I'm actually more excited about the hobby now that I know there are other local people that share the same interests and are genuinely decent people. So basically Justin is the reason I am here and decided to become a supporting member.

Edit:I apparently can't keep track of all my new friends.

Edited by ltlevil1
  • Like 2

I'll go first and hope this fits. Tobias Funke (Jordan) and I actually met on another site. We quickly learned that we both felt the same way about certain other sites and he assured me this was a different kind of site. After a very short time, I found he was right. I'm actually more excited about the hobby now that I know there are other local people that share the same interests and are genuinely decent people. So basically Justin is the reason I am here and decided to become a supporting member.

Edit:I apparently can't keep track of all my new friends.

I liked his new name! haha

Sir Funke is definitely one of the most helpful and knowledgeable hobbyists around!

It is sad to say but the only people I know with reef tanks or any tank at all I met on this site.

Aha! The real Justin has arrived! Easy to tell Mr Funke was a good dude, if not the first time I would have called him Justin I'm sure I would have gotten at least one PM-Dude I'm Justin and I DO NOT want to be confused with that @&%# @*^#*(()_ NO GOOD &^@)#*%% :rollingyellow: heehee.

I agree Justin all the other people I had met either got fed up with the way they were treated and just started keeping to themselves or else just said to heck with it and quit. It's funny, I also used to have several "friends" when I was setting up and taking care of their tanks. Then I started my own saltwater stuff and didn't have as much time as for their stuff. But what really did it is when I had a tank crash while I was out of town working, I asked SEVEN people-all of whom I had gotten started and for the most part walked them through everything, if they could at least just pick up my corals and put them in their tanks for a few weeks until I got back. Well all of them said yeah man of course, anything you need, but none of them did and I lost everything. I mean everything as I had consolidated to one tank so my wife wouldn't have as much to deal with. She was devastated and blamed herself. To this day we don't even speak about it. So for awhile I wasn't the most sociable person and pretty much just kept to myself. That's without a doubt the difference here. People are genuine. With all that being said, I would prefer to only know people from here as opposed to the other "friends" I used to have. OK I need a tissue and gotta get off this couch now :P

Steve

EDIT:Spelling

Edited by ltlevil1

Steve,

That REALLY sucks, bro. :( You can mark one thing down for sure....the guys/gals on here are true, genuinely caring folks who will go out of their way without hesitation, for another reefer and never expect a single thing in return for it. All you have to do is ask. It really is true, this is a community like no other. And we strive to keep it that way.

Your story is disheartening, to say the least. It's bad enough that we have to drag our wives into this hobby to help take care of the tanks from time to time, and for something like that to happen just plain ole sucks. Good news is, you found us. :)

Well, Jordan is 1/3 the way to a free one year subscription! Really hoping to see a few of you take advantage of this offer. Get those competitive juices going and try to get your free year first!

Trying, guess no-one has taken the bait yet, don't get it. $20 to support this site is cheap with the knowledge at your fingertips. Even my own brother hasn't stepped up apparently. :shrug:

Trying to get Paypal to work, The CC is down. I may have to snail mail a check.

The PayPal site is currently experiencing technical difficulties with our credit card processor. We are working to solve this problem as quickly as possible. If you would like to Send Money, please fund your payment with your PayPal balance, PayPal Credit or bank account. If you would like to use your credit card, please return to the PayPal website later to complete your transaction. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Edited by rfrostla

Wow, sorry to hear that happened to you ltlevil1. I can understand a person that is watching your tank for you while you're out of town not realizing your tank is in the middle of a crash because they don't observe it daily, but to not help when you know you're in trouble is another thing....this is one group I can say actually follows through with commitments from what I've witnessed. Glad to have ya with us!

Edited by RedStickReefer

Trying to get Paypal to work, The CC is down. I may have to snail mail a check.

The PayPal site is currently experiencing technical difficulties with our credit card processor. We are working to solve this problem as quickly as possible. If you would like to Send Money, please fund your payment with your PayPal balance, PayPal Credit or bank account. If you would like to use your credit card, please return to the PayPal website later to complete your transaction. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Sounds like they will have it resolved soon enough. If not, then there is a Mail Check payment option that you can select.

We have two new supporting members, Lucy & redscarlett1! If either of you supported BRK because of the assistance of another member, then be sure to post here in this topic and let us know who!

Thanks for the support!

We appreciate it! Nice of you to show support of Mr. Salt. He's one of our most active members and really brings a lot to the club!

Thanks Ray and thank you Greg.