SlingBlade

Jerrod's 250 deep dimension build.

Dude, the rock work looks great!! Totally agree with leaving the back open for circulation and the fish will thank you later. That's how I set up my 150. Looks very nice!

thanks shayne.. appreciate all the positive support guys.. it keeps me going..

i love how i have went slow,.. even tho its been horrible on my nerves,,, lol it has been nice to set back and look at the tank unfinished.. some nites i come home thinking i gotta get the plumbing done or this done.. i purposly set there and do anything.. only thing is those that are holding frags for me to restock after the mass death are spending their space on my corals,... i promise i am gonna have this running soon,..,

if there was a theme to this, not for looks, bur for my attitude towards this is just wait, lets see what i can come up with in a little time...

i geuss this sound elementart.. but it seems to be working... i love this scape and i cant wait for an achilles fo be making the loops in it!!! after qt of course... lol

eru3ave6.jpg

I got the drain done with pieces from my previous tank. I know the manifold may not be optimal. It was my first. And I think I will perform and that is all that matters. It may require some mods.

I got my filter in and geuss what!!?

ryjy4ypu.jpg

Water!!

Awesome! Congrats on wetting the rocks finally! Got my RoDi unit installed last night so I'm moving forward. Cool that we're both building at the same time.

I pretty much like the Rock Work you have done :) I like the scape on the left and the right, not so much the middle one. Compaired to the two structures on the right and left, the one in the middle looks kinda like just a clump of rocks piled up, jmo though, but I would try and do something with it a bit more to kinda get it to look like the other two structures a bit though. Right above your Manifold, what is going to come off of the red handled valve?

Thanks redfish. I appreciate the honesty.

When I scape i am thinking of where I will put what corals. That' section has been the hardest but most all of those rocks can be moved indefinitely. So If I get a nice piece of coral I can change that section to fit that coral...

The red valve is an extra drain side feed. My skimmer is ran off the drain. There is one more reactor I would run off the drain. And this is for that. Been reading about lanthanum reactors(not much info) and how to build one.

No racing for me! Soon as I start trying to rush ill screw something up. Took longer than I thought it would already and the delays have helped me. I've spent a lot more money, but I feel I'm going to succeed more now than I did before.

Exactly how I feel!! The last tank I set up I had done in about a week. This has taken over two months now. I should be cycled By June. But I know there will be no parasites or any weird hitchhikers in the tank. That makes me sleep alot better at night.

Thanks redfish. I appreciate the honesty.

When I scape i am thinking of where I will put what corals. That' section has been the hardest but most all of those rocks can be moved indefinitely. So If I get a nice piece of coral I can change that section to fit that coral...

The red valve is an extra drain side feed. My skimmer is ran off the drain. There is one more reactor I would run off the drain. And this is for that. Been reading about lanthanum reactors(not much info) and how to build one.

Speaking of Lanthanum Chloride reactors... I'm sure you've seen this...

He is actually dripping the LC into a filter sock in his sump. Seems like a lot of maintenance since this guy is dosing for a few days and changes the sock every 6 hours. Worth a look because from what he describes, the precipitate is abundant and clogs everything quickly.

Well the lanthanum reactor is a big if. It will only be online if I can't control phosphates. I have a scrubber, good skimmer, and gfo/carbon reactors now that will run.

I hope that a little gfo and alot of algae scrubber will be all I need.

Someone produces a reactor in the uk or Spain, somewhere over seas.. And from their Instructions they use a very diluted lanthanum chloride. I believe this would be to lengthen the use of the filters.. Maybe not. It's not something I am just gonna throw on there, I am sure that more will come about these reactors and how they work. I just left this output for "just in case".

Lanthanum chloride can destroy your tank. If you have a phosphate problem today and eliminate those phosphates over nite you can crash the whole system. I would experiment with extremely slow flow with a dilute solution on a different tank.

so i have a question.. and this effects pluming..

i have 4 radions.. i am gonna have a canopy that is not so closed off.. its gonna have a semi open top and back.. and i am gonna try to get some fans..

also gonna have fans in the sump... hopefully..

only gonna have two pumps for circulation.. the skimmer has a recirc pump but i think that is all the heat makers i will have.. my house during the summer gets to 78..

do you guys think the tank will stay below 81 without a chiller?

so i have a question.. and this effects pluming..

i have 4 radions.. i am gonna have a canopy that is not so closed off.. its gonna have a semi open top and back.. and i am gonna try to get some fans..

also gonna have fans in the sump... hopefully..

only gonna have two pumps for circulation.. the skimmer has a recirc pump but i think that is all the heat makers i will have.. my house during the summer gets to 78..

do you guys think the tank will stay below 81 without a chiller?

you set your stat at 78 or you need me to come to petal lol

It's set to auto go to 78 during the day. I can make it what ever I need. It.

I figure if I set the temp to 75 the power bill will be more. But if I set the temp to 78 and run a chiller I will pay for the chiller, and that dam chiller heats the room. Making the ac run.

It's set to auto go to 78 during the day. I can make it what ever I need. It.

I figure if I set the temp to 75 the power bill will be more. But if I set the temp to 78 and run a chiller I will pay for the chiller, and that dam chiller heats the room. Making the ac run.

the chiller and added heat would use more energy than just a setting ya stat at 75 hell 72 would be better than running a chiller. You looking at 3-5 amps of power plus added heat causing longer cycles on ya AC which pulls 13-15 amps. A properly insulated house and sized AC should have 30 min run time and a 30 min off cycle