Smtwinn

Twinn's 250/300g DD build

made some changes to the tank between yesterday and today.....Note to self, never try to use a canister filter again AND never buy a non-drilled tank...So much easier with a sump.  Anyways I removed the canister filter, installed HOB overflow and a Ice Cap 24 sump with Vectra S1.  These ice cap sumps are pretty nice! It has ATO compartment built in, a probe rack, and a dosing rack.  It also has a nifty scale stuck to it to show water depth in inches.  Pretty quality piece if someone is looking for a sump.  Not a real big fan of HOB overflows but I didn't want to drain tank to drill an overflow.  So get it installed everything running, checking for leaks and of course the bulkhead is leaking.  Small leak so I wrapped with a towel for the night and replaced it today.  Not sure what was wrong with it but it just wouldn't seal.  Oh another complaint about HOB overflow is the noise.  After some google searching I found a mod to the drain called Stockman overflow.  After three trips to each home depot or Tractor supply I finally have a nice and quiet overflow and no leaks.  Geez, the plan was to down size and not have to deal with issues....guess issue never end. Did some rock movement since install of the HOB overflow, looks much better.

Thanks guys, it’s definitely much different than having the 300. After having a big tank then going back to small it’s much more challenging

Well, I did a thing a few weeks ago.....won't add to this thread with it.  Bought another 300dd from planet.  will start a new thread soon. new tank is already running.  been busting my butt to get to a point where I can cruise with setting everything up since the 20th of December. keep your eyes peeled!