I just read through the entire thread from the initial home build. It's impressive the thought and work you've put into it. I may not be able to build a system like this, but it gives me ideas for my 120G. I got my tank from George and he really does nice work. It's nice to know that even experienced reefers with much larger systems than me run into problems. I've battled my share of issues over the last year and a half. I have had times I just want to quit. It's inspiring to see others go through adversities and keep pushing and thriving. The pictures and videos are awesome. Just a few thoughts:
- If you get a cheap orange gel filter, your pictures will filter the blue and look even more amazing
- did you purposely put the rocks in the center for swimming lanes? I'm used to smaller tanks and stacking against the back wall.
- with your QT now hosting frags, how do you deal with fish that need medications, i.e. copper?
- how much water change do you do and how often? I struggle with always having enough salt water on standby
- any suggestions on getting the chaeto to grow better? I am using a 6500K CF from Lowes in my sump but it never seems to grow.
Thanks and keep the pictures coming. I would love to see this tank in person some day and pick your brain for ideas.
Keith Evans, Slidell