6lilfishes

Bad Week In Reefing

As some of y'all know I had some major tank problems on my wifes 65gal. First off tank has been running without a skimmer since mid November. Thought my skimmer broke. Come to find out it just needed a cleaning. With no time to clean it and Black Friday sales. I decided to order a new skimmer then the skimmer was lost by UPS after almost two weeks BRS shipped a new skimmer to me. Then I decided to go ahead and buy a different sump. Well in the process of changing sumps I didnt plug up the Apex temp probe. You guessed it my heater heated the tank to 90 plus degrees. So this is just a reminder check heaters and temp readings. Then it seems like the domino effect. the damage as of today. Challices gone , sps gone, branching alvapora gone, 3 scolys gone, elegance looks bad, gold torch looks bad, frogspawn looks bad. Only fish I lost was the flame wrasse. Atleast it wasn't my 120. 300 is stand still because of work, bulkhead leaking , no heaters and no lights yet. Tried to order bulkhead local no luck. Lfs order one it was wrongafter waiting 2 weeks for it to come in. So looks like I am about to over night a bulkhead.

I am keeping my head up. On a plus note all the bryopsis is gone in the tank. The tech m made some of the stuff look pretty bad. Got the lights for the 300 back from Ecotech hopefully I can get them and the Apex hooked up this weekend and get it finished up.

Dang, that definitely sucks.  Sounds like you've got the right attitude though :thumbup:  Keep on keeping on and things will get back to normal, then you have an excuse to buy more cool stuff :D

. Tried to order bulkhead local no luck. Lfs order one it was wrongafter waiting 2 weeks for it to come in. So looks like I am about to over night a bulkhead.

I have more than a few bulkheads (and gaskets) laying around, what do you need specifically? If I have it it, it's yours.

I have more than a few bulkheads (and gaskets) laying around, what do you need specifically? If I have it it, it's yours.

Thanks but salt 4 brains sent me one today.

Sorry to hear about your troubles man. That's the one thing about this dang hobby. It isn't if something will happen its when and how bad.

Sorry to hear your pain scott. When you are in my area, come by and I will give you some sticks to get your stock level back up.

Nice to see some people still like this around. Most people buy a coral just to cut it up and make 10x their money back.

Sorry to hear your pain scott. When you are in my area, come by and I will give you some sticks to get your stock level back up.

yea it definitely sucks. Thanks man will keep you in mind, but it will be a while before I add anymore sticks. Or anything for that matter.

yea it definitely sucks. Thanks man will keep you in mind, but it will be a while before I add anymore sticks. Or anything for that matter.

It's all good bro, just let me know when u r ready.