eland

Photo Shoot - August 7!

Are you coming Sunday 8/7  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Are you coming Sunday 8/7

• You bet I can't wait to see Igor
    • I'm bringing an extra
    • No but I really want to

Thats it...Im buying a Macro lens and some of those fancy flashes.......

It's not just that...Igor has some MAD post processing skills going on there! He just won't tell anyone what he's doing (hoping to guilt him into disclosing the secrets :D )!

Igor, all I can say is thank you. The pictures are some of the best I have ever seen. Even though I look at my tanks every day I still have not seen what the pictures show. You my friend are a true artist. You are welcome to come back anytime.

Igor, all I can say is thank you. The pictures are some of the best I have ever seen. Even though I look at my tanks every day I still have not seen what the pictures show. You my friend are a true artist. You are welcome to come back anytime.

Thank you Earl, i'm pretty sure to keep coral reef alive much more complicated than take pictures.

More pics from your tanks are coming...

Those are some pretty awesome shots from everyone. Give us some pointers on what ya'll did different. Changed ISO settings, white balance, etc? I am green with envy! :mrgreen:

Those are some pretty awesome shots from everyone. Give us some pointers on what ya'll did different. Changed ISO settings, white balance, etc? I am green with envy! :mrgreen:

Bring your camera on the 20th.

If I had Igors skills I could be selling coral all over the internet and making millions. Awesome job Igor :bow-blue:

Earl, you can do it! :) Next time i'll use your camera, and after, walk you through how to take pics and proccess them for your Ad's. ;)

Ok, last part from Earl's tanks. I'll stop spaming this thread with my posts now ;)

Several pictures there i took without flash, handheld and with waterflow on - not good idea. Hard to fight Blue light and high ISO lower resolution of images.

55960-1313157754-17-l.jpg

Igor you are not spaming any thread. I think I can speak for everyone here you can turn anyones tank into a work of art.

@ Greg .. Your close-ups are amazing. I have a Sony DSC-W120, but never could get nice clean pics from it. Soooooo, after seeing the review you posted on your camera, I searched and found a good used DSC-H2 for a great price. I have been taking various pics with it and LOVE the quality of pics it takes. I think I am gonna love this camera! :P

My question to you, is did you use an add-on macro conversion lens or just the camera itself? Also, do you use the "flower" lens to block too much light from getting to the lense? I know I'll get these answers Saturday, but I want to play with the settings a little more before the meet.

Some of those were taken with the cheap macro lens for it. Cheap being $30. And yes I used the "flower" lens if you are referring to the black plastic piece that attached to end. But I am generally very close to the glass with lens anyway. Glad you like the H2. Bet you got it cheeeaaaaaap! It is a fantastic camera for everything else too.