rewlee

30 gallon IM going back up!

I'm excited to say I am headed back to salt. After a few weeks/months of deliberating I am setting up my 30 gallon AIO tank. I have thought about going bigger, smaller, or different, but I figured this tank is pretty much the perfect size for me right now. I water tested the tank today, and will reseal the divider for the back chamber because it is letting water into the back through the bottom seam. other then that everything is a go. Got my salt, sand, ATO, test kits, so I am ready for this thing to get saltwater in it.

IMG_0550_zpssjdhjx6w.jpg

Edited by rewlee

got my tank resealed, just need to let it sit for a couple days. hopefully will have saltwater in it by wednesday. Also got my rock. some live, some dry. bit disappointed in the live rock a couple pieces are just bad. but got enough to do what I want. Excited that I will be up and running in just a few days.

tank sealed, water test went well.

Now added saltwater, dry rock, live rock. I built a scape before I put it in, but didnt quite turn out like I like it. I'm sure I will be tweaking it a good bit. Still pretty cloudy, hope it is clear by tomorrow. Super excited to have a saltwater tank in my house though. been awhile.

IMG_0563_zpsg0dwsr3d.jpg

IMG_0564_zpshsuoaz8f.jpg

Stocking list.

Fish:

pair of clowns

Goby shrimp pair or jawfish. not sure which I want.

smaller algae blenny

flameback angel

maybe a smaller wrasse.

and a BTA

Coral:

going to stick with mostly LPS.

I want a few torches/frogspawns/hammers

I really want a nice Trachy brain as the center piece. 

Also want a few zoas and some GSP.

still have to set up my ATO and let it cycle, but the LR did come with a few snails still hanging on. 

Right now I'm just running some floss not using the InTank media holders right now. figured using Chemipure right now would be just a waste.

I added my first fish today. two clowns. they ate tonight already after being in the tank for about 8-10 hours, so i'm happy about that.

here is a little underwater video of the tank. 

http://i1347.photobucket.com/albums/p704/dadrewski/th_new%20clownfish_zpsn0bnfqgr.mp4

edit:

quality went way down putting it on photobucket. yikes.

Edited by rewlee

Diatom bloom has all but faded away. still a bit of HA, but its going away pretty quick as well. Starting to look more like an actual tank!

IMG_0755_zpsr81e8htt.jpg

IMG_0757_zpswzynvd44.jpg

Got my ATO moved to the closet next to the tank now. Really cleans up the area. HA is nearly gone, and the diatom bloom has gone away completely. Levels are also looking good right now. Feather duster has made its way behind the rocks, so wont be seeing a lot of him for now.... other then that, happy the tank is clearing up, and the clowns are eating. 

IMG_0766_zpsw0vbtxzp.jpg