Reef Tank Greg

Announcing Fragniappe 2016 - Saturday, March 5

dang dang dang.  I am pretty sure this is the same weekend of my semi-annual train show I cook for.  :(  I may have to find a way to get out of there early this year.

Annual trumps semi-annual... just sayin'.

Exhibitor:

http://www.fragniappe.com/images_fragniappe/exhibitors/crabbyrons.png

We carry a large variety of saltwater fish and corals and aquarium products. We will be happy to order any type of fish or coral that you would like if you don't see it in our store. RODI water {salt and fresh}available. Military discount for our retired and active duty service members. We look forward to seeing you soon!

• Like 1

Exhibitor:

http://www.fragniappe.com/images_fragniappe/exhibitors/worldclass.png

We have been in business more then 2 years. We specialize in colorful frags. Our goal is to supply quality aquacultured frags. We really enjoy traveling to swaps and were told that this one we needed to attend.

• Like 1

In a nutshell, could someone explain what this is other than a trade show?

thx

Not really a trade show in the sense of manufacturers showing off their latest products.   It's a frag swap meet.  13 or so coral vendors will be present, selling their frags.  There will be a couple of dry goods vendors as well, selling their products.  It's very well attended.  There will also be a prize raffle, with a portion of the proceeds going to a member here who is undergoing cancer treatment.

Hoping to have up to 18 coral vendors from all over the nation there selling coral, along with some well known dry good and equipment vendors displaying products and selling items.  The show has grown each year, with last year having over 600 attendees. We hope to make this year even better! 

dang dang dang.  I am pretty sure this is the same weekend of my semi-annual train show I cook for.  :(  I may have to find a way to get out of there early this year.

I bought the wife a train set about 3 years ago. Never did anything with it. We are about to start building a layout for it . It will be on a 4x8 table. Would love some pointers

I bought the wife a train set about 3 years ago. Never did anything with it. We are about to start building a layout for it . It will be on a 4x8 table. Would love some pointers

I cannot give any pointers, however if you want some info, and are able to attend, the train show is at Ponchatoula First Baptist Church from 9-4.  I just cook for the show.  there are a lot of guys there who are model train hobbyists and a company called the Electric train depot will be there also.

Annual trumps semi-annual... just sayin'.

I think I meant bi-annual show?  It occurs 2X per year and I cook breakfast and lunch for the show.  Planning to get everything done and leave by 1.  The wife can serve that food.

Exhibitor:

coralcove.png

We opened almost 3 years ago in San Antonio. Our store is a strictly saltwater store with a primary focus on corals and frags. We carry reef safe fish and have over 2,000 frags in stock consistently. We grow many of our corals in display tanks throughout the store and frag out of them every 6-8 weeks. We also carry over 50 different types of frozen food, as well as BRS, SeaChem, Brightwell, Jebao, CaribSea, Reef ROids, Coral Frenzy, and many other dry good products aimed at the saltwater hobby. Our store is ran by myself, my husband and our 3 year old.

Exhibitor:

http://www.fragniappe.com/images_fragniappe/exhibitors/arkaquatics.png

We are an aquatic pet store and maintenance company, selling live corals and frags. Specializing in everything from concept, setup, and maintenance of any aquatic setups including saltwater, reef, and freshwater aquariums, and any type of ponds. Bringing GOD's creation to your home!

For those of you who weren't around or missed out on last year's Fragniappe.. Here are some pictures of Fragniappe 2015! 

16767157402_a19baeb573_o.jpg

Epic Aquaria was a popular booth! 

16580838890_7ca7e5b59c_o.jpg

Look at all those raffle prizes!!

16148308493_ece1c2be76_o.jpg

Droooooool...

16148310263_01e2271b88_o.jpg

Fragniappe is always a family friendly event! Bring the whole family! 

16768238435_3777a87fd6_o.jpg

Be ready to make some tough decisions..

16768230055_d9e3f666ea_o.jpg

Dangit Adam, that pic of all those montis and SPS has me salivating.  That's it, I'm taking tomorrow off to work on plumbing for my tank so I'll be ready for frags come Fragiappe...

• Like 1

Dangit Adam, that pic of all those montis and SPS has me salivating.  That's it, I'm taking tomorrow off to work on plumbing for my tank so I'll be ready for frags come Fragiappe...

That's the spirit! 

Oh WOW!!! Thank you!!  I got to hurry UP and get set up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what are the typical cost for the frags?

Vendors set their prices. We have no input on it whatsoever.