Mobilecal

MOBILECALs Upgrade: PA 120

Well its official, I bought a PA 120 so in a week or so a new tank will be ready for the office.... Now I bust some Acro AZZ in my tank and grow some big ol' pieces!!!

Build Intentions to include:

2 ea Radion XR30s 

2ea T5's

APEX Gold

Vectra DC Pump

Vortex MP's

Battery Back Up 

7 channel dosing pump

DIY 3 sock Triple Sock Vertex with Refugium & Possible Roller Mat(Roller Mat not sure of)

Quick Connect Ports to run external Acrbon Polishing to remove stained water

Base Live Rock with Preformed Back Wall

Magnetic Rear Wall Rock Mags, and Ceramic Wall Shelfs for my Frags

JBJ Chiller

Twin Cobalt Heaters 

Separated wall in Cabinet for seperation of electronics

Integrated & Modified ATO with preformed acrylic

Twin Reactor System

More to come.....................

well tank is finally in so I get to go pick up today... Excited to start planning on the sump now...

Looking for a tall sump so that I have room to separate the sumo area under the cabinet to keep the moisture away from the electronics....

On 12/1/2016 at 8:47 AM, Mobilecal said:

Looking for a tall sump so that I have room to separate the sumo area under the cabinet to keep the moisture away from the electronics....

I needz a diagram fo dis plz :D

JUST picked up my new PA120. Stand and Canopy on the way.

Also haven't opened the box under the tree, but I'm thinking it is the same size box as the new APEX wifi!!! 

%5BURL=http://s1042.photobucket.com/user/dnicholson73/media/Aquarium/A6037820-6179-4932-A1A0-483B34E88687_zpszrhuxfze.jpg.html%5D%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b430/dnicholson73/Aquarium/A6037820-6179-4932-A1A0-483B34E88687_zpszrhuxfze.jpg%5B/IMG%5D%5B/URL%5D

ok ok ok. Heres first pic

Ok, So I would like to get a few opinions from the ole wise men out there. Tank is a PA 120 and incoming in 36" tall stand with 12" Canopy.....

1. Epoxy Paint inside of stand

2. Return Pump - Neptune or Vortex? I think I want to stay with 24 variable if they both qualify

3. Divide inside of stand to separate electronics

4. Not sure on turnover rate yet, tank will be primarily SPS

5. Ca Reactor or not?? Maybe just dose Fusion 1 & 2, but don't like the rise in salinity as result

6. 2 Radions xr30, to add or not to add 1 or 2 T5's

7. Thinking of a way to include 10 gallon water make up

8. Have APEX wifi, not sure which safe proof gadgets I wanna add that would make for reliable monitoring

9. Dual Quality Heaters? Cobalt I was thinking... But not as happy with my current one. 

Just my initial thoughts of planning....

On 12/27/2016 at 5:17 PM, Mobilecal said:

Ok, So I would like to get a few opinions from the ole wise men out there. Tank is a PA 120 and incoming in 36" tall stand with 12" Canopy.....

1. Epoxy Paint inside of stand

2. Return Pump - Neptune or Vortex? I think I want to stay with 24 variable if they both qualify

3. Divide inside of stand to separate electronics

4. Not sure on turnover rate yet, tank will be primarily SPS

5. Ca Reactor or not?? Maybe just dose Fusion 1 & 2, but don't like the rise in salinity as result

6. 2 Radions xr30, to add or not to add 1 or 2 T5's

7. Thinking of a way to include 10 gallon water make up

8. Have APEX wifi, not sure which safe proof gadgets I wanna add that would make for reliable monitoring

9. Dual Quality Heaters? Cobalt I was thinking... But not as happy with my current one. 

Just my initial thoughts of planning....

1. Consider doing a tile inside the stand and then have the floor recessed. To where it forms a catch basin roughly four inches or so deep. I did this with my 250 stand and it's bailed me out a couple times. 

3. Looking forward to seeing how that turns out. I need motivation to do that with my own stands.

5. My most successful sps tank ever was using a calcium reactor. A couple of the best ones among members here also use reactors. I am biased towards using one and will be doing full blown sps again soon and will be using a reactor again.

6. Straight T5's are the way to go........

9. I've actually never used a heater with any of my tanks. 

11 hours ago, Reef Tank Greg said:

1. Consider doing a tile inside the stand and then have the floor recessed. To where it forms a catch basin roughly four inches or so deep. I did this with my 250 stand and it's bailed me out a couple times. 

3. Looking forward to seeing how that turns out. I need motivation to do that with my own stands.

5. My most successful sps tank ever was using a calcium reactor. A couple of the best ones among members here also use reactors. I am biased towards using one and will be doing full blown sps again soon and will be using a reactor again.

6. Straight T5's are the way to go........

9. I've actually never used a heater with any of my tanks. 

thanks for the tips. Yea, was considering CR again as my first one was a success as well. 

Side note... Just noticed my BTA just split over the weekend....

1D64AE2C-3966-445E-B9FA-F890D67EDF0B_zps

• Like 1

Mobilecal, I went with the Reef Octopus VarioS-6 because it's Apex ready if you buy a Kessil control cable. This thing is silent and strong.

As for heaters, I've been using the Eheim heaters and they have held up well.

• Like 1

So I it appears the stand will be in about 2 more weeks from now.. Here are my thoughts and give me yours... I was thinking about separating the lower part of the tank into two areas. I wanted to partition it so I the salty humidity wouldn't affect the electronics as much down the road. Plus I was thinking of a operate are for ATO, Chems, and Electronics. 

Afterwards, coating the underside with marine paint..

thoughts?? Good, Bad, or waste of time?

2 hours ago, Mobilecal said:

So I it appears the stand will be in about 2 more weeks from now.. Here are my thoughts and give me yours... I was thinking about separating the lower part of the tank into two areas. I wanted to partition it so I the salty humidity wouldn't affect the electronics as much down the road. Plus I was thinking of a operate are for ATO, Chems, and Electronics. 

Afterwards, coating the underside with marine paint..

thoughts?? Good, Bad, or waste of time?

I'd definitely separate the electronics.  Check out page 13&14 of Daves build for a really awesome job separating the electronics:

You don't have to separate the Ato and chemicals, but if it's easier to make one section for the ato, chemicals and electronics due to the layout of your stand, then go for it.  I think for the majority of prebuilt stands, it would probably be easier to just add a electronics box like in Dave's thread. 

Also, I think it's a great idea to coat the inside of the stand with some sort of protection.  I always do, but then again I always spill stuff everywhere lol

Edited by Jrodinnola
  • Like 1