redclown

Brown algea problem help

I just got rid of cyano but now i have a problem with brown algea. I run led light with 10 hours perday include moon light. I check my water with 0 nitrate. I will bring some water sample to lfs to test phosphate level. Any help from you is greatly appreciated.

Here are some picturez a2435dc4c4d9fe664a9959f4c41f8c46.jpgfd5ba61f48e1150813fa745a9c332dc3.jpg2aa058cc9f12e94ed6e14648dd1647a3.jpga4506ec88bd0202694c36b662cf8916d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard for me to tell from photos, but, are there bubbles in it?  IF so, it could be dinoflagellates, and, for that, there's no definitive way to eliminate them -- what works for one person doesn't touch another tank's case.  Or, it could be diatoms...how old is the tank?

And i dont have enough CUC in the tank. Is it a best idea to quarantine 100 blue leg hermit crab in a 10 gallons coral quarantine tank ?

Does the algae primarily stay on the rock work or does it move to the sand bed in certain areas?

Its just on the rock. My sand bed has no diatom or cyana

Nutrient reduction is the key to solving virtually all algae issues.  What are your phosphate  levels?  Have you cut back on feedings or are you feeding a lot of frozen foods?

Do you run a refugium with some kind of macro algae in it to compete with the nuisance algae in the display?   If not, chaeotmorpha is great for this.  Run the light on the refugium 24/7.  Do you run GFO to help reduce phosphates?  If not, try adding some to a reactor and tumble it slowly.

How did you defeat your cyano problem?

Edited by kirk_m

Nutrient reduction is the key to solving virtually all algae issues.  What are your phosphate  levels?  Have you cut back on feedings or are you feeding a lot of frozen foods?

Do you run a refugium with some kind of macro algae in it to compete with the nuisance algae in the display?   If not, chaeotmorpha is great for this.  Run the light on the refugium 24/7.  Do you run GFO to help reduce phosphates?  If not, try adding some to a reactor and tumble it slowly.

How did you defeat your cyano problem?

I feed my fishes mainly pellet . I only feed them frozen food twice a week. I just clean my filter , waste collection cup. Byw i dont have a reactor to run GFO but i have quite amount of cheato in the sum