Reef Tank Greg

Greg's 360 Peninsula Build

Looks great, Greg.  I bought a plumb bob to hang my fixture as well.  The tank looks awesome, can't wait to see it in person one day.

I have some LED bling inside my stand, too, but, not color changing like that.  I have RED inside the dry-box and white inside the rest.

Do you plan to leave that wood unpainted/unsealed on the stand's platform onto which the tank sits?  If so, I'd advise against it.

On 8/20/2019 at 4:23 PM, Reef Tank Greg said:

IMG_20190820_161251.jpg

That purple stylo is looking good!  A lot of growth there.  What's the blue acro at the top right?

Edited by kirk_m

7 minutes ago, kirk_m said:

Looks great, Greg.  I bought a plumb bob to hang my fixture as well.  The tank looks awesome, can't wait to see it in person one day.

I have some LED bling inside my stand, too, but, not color changing like that.  I have RED inside the dry-box and white inside the rest.

Do you plan to leave that wood unpainted/unsealed on the stand's platform onto which the tank sits?  If so, I'd advise against it.

Just three LED pucks that daisy chain off each other to power plug. With one of those little remotes. I have been debating painting it. There will be a 1" sheet of foam board glued directly on top of it. 

8 minutes ago, kirk_m said:

Can never have too much of a seal when mixing water and wood :)

Agree. The trim of the stand will go flush against the stand/plywood top/foam board and overlap the bottom of tank a little. Will have a silicone bead there too. 

4 hours ago, wiltzlan said:

Hey Greg,

You should've called me, I would've hung those lights for you.  ???

I see a ghost.... Ahhhh it's Halloween week. Larry!!!!!

This time I managed to install four cross braces between the joists. All while removing two panels from the wooden walkway up there. Whew!

How's the tank doing Greg?  I got a chance to check it out at the Christmas party and it was looking awesome!  Love the sump.  Any corals in the tank yet?