Sign in to follow this  
BRK Staff

Notice: Rules for Buying & Selling on BRK

We now have permanent and official rules for hobbyists to utilize when buying and selling on our forums. The rules are permanently displayed here:

http://www.bayoureefkeeping.com/pages/MarketRules

They are also available at the top of both the Livestock & Equipment Market forums when viewing each of those forums. 

• Like 1

I moderate (not so much anymore) a couple of local automotive forums and these are the marketplace rules we use:

Welcome to the SportsNimports.com Marketplace. In order to help ensure consistency in the threads, please abide by the following rules when posting a new thread or when adding a post to an existing thread, as it may apply:

NEW THREADS:

1) Must have price. No 'make offer' threads. Feel free to put OBO, but at least start with a price.

2) Must have photos. The photo does not have to be of your item, but at least a stock photo of the item you are selling. Be aware that you'll have a better chance of selling your item if you use a photo of your item.

3) Contact information. Please include contact information other than PM (private message). This can be an e-mail address, phone number or mailing address.

SPECIFICALLY FOR WHOLE VEHICLES, SHELLS, TRANSMISSIONS AND BLOCKS (TO EXCLUDE NON-U.S. ONES)

4) Must have VIN.*

5) Year, make and model.

6) Must have mileage.

FOR ADDING A POST:

1) Don't stray off-topic. If you like the item for sale, good. But there shouldn't be posts about 'I like X better than Y'. Those debates and discussions can be created in another forum.

2) Questions directly related to the sale are authorized.

3) Haggling over price is fine, you expect it if you post here. If you've never posted on the internet you might not be used to it. However, there is no need for 50 posts about how expensive an item might be.

4) NO derogatory remarks.

GENERAL RULES:

1) NO copyrighted, trademarked or other items that have a registered and protected intellectual property right connected with the sale (i.e., copies of MS office, photoshop, etc.) unless you are an authorized distributor.

2) NO items that are deemed illegal by the State of Louisiana, the state in which the seller resides, the state which the prospective buyer resides or the Federal government. If you have an item such as a 'widget' (for example) that is illegal for sale in Louisiana, DO NOT SELL IT. If it is legal to sell but that sale requires certain legal process to take place, then it is authorized. The onus is upon the seller/buyer to ensure those processes are completed.

3) Once your item is sold, please edit your thread using the Edit button and change the TITLE ONLY and add SOLD to the end. Please do not edit the actual ad as we want to keep track of how things were advertised in case any problems arise.

EBAY.COM, AUCTION SITES OR OTHER LINKED FOR SALE THREADS MUST STILL CONTAIN THE ABOVE INFORMATION. HOWEVER, WITH AUCTION SITES NO PRICE IS REQUIRED.

Failure to abide by these rules will cause a moderator/administrator to delete your thread without notice. If a poster doesn't follow the rules, the post will be deleted. Continuous violations may be cause for you to be banned for a period as determined by the respective moderator/administrator.

Of course the car selling rules don't so much apply but they're very similar to yours. A tidy marketplace is a happy marketplace :)

I see the bullet about the the collected items from the wild with intent to sell.

Does this include trade? I did collect more snail than I needed when i recently went to fl, and if someone needs or wants some I would be more than happy to trade for a frag, or just give away if someone wants them. As I did with aqua man.

I am just posting this asking if this is cool. I don't want to be in violation of the rules but the intent of my over collection was to share because these guys can be 3.00 each online and u dont know if they are the correct ones. (Unless you have jordan around like we do) And at most all I wanted was a frag. I this a violation? I wasn't planning on making a post sayin I wanted to sell or trade.. Just offering to those who ask or want some because some people expressed Interest.

One thing is that it is illegal to collect an sell unless u have proper permits, etc. so I wasn't gonna make that mistake.

I kinda feel like I am asking a dumb question, but I just want to make sure I am within the rules.

I see the bullet about the the collected items from the wild with intent to sell.

Does this include trade? I did collect more snail than I needed when i recently went to fl, and if someone needs or wants some I would be more than happy to trade for a frag, or just give away if someone wants them. As I did with aqua man.

I am just posting this asking if this is cool. I don't want to be in violation of the rules but the intent of my over collection was to share because these guys can be 3.00 each online and u dont know if they are the correct ones. (Unless you have jordan around like we do) And at most all I wanted was a frag. I this a violation? I wasn't planning on making a post sayin I wanted to sell or trade.. Just offering to those who ask or want some because some people expressed Interest.

One thing is that it is illegal to collect an sell unless u have proper permits, etc. so I wasn't gonna make that mistake.

I kinda feel like I am asking a dumb question, but I just want to make sure I am within the rules.

A few snails will slide under without anyone caring. If you started doing this monthly and went with the intent to get a ton (ie starting to make a business out of it) you would need to go to the vendor side and do legitimate business.  

But a random trip to florida where you grab a few things and end up with some extras that you trade would be fine. But it's close line.

Nice rules.. I do think there should be information on paypal included though and the dangers of making sure the payment is sent correctly and NOT as a personal/gift if you do not know the person as there is no recourse if they choose not to ship or hand the item over if it is paid for ahead of time.

A few snails will slide under without anyone caring. If you started doing this monthly and went with the intent to get a ton (ie starting to make a business out of it) you would need to go to the vendor side and do legitimate business.

But a random trip to florida where you grab a few things and end up with some extras that you trade would be fine. But it's close line.

I see the close line. But it was not my intent to profit financially from it. Maybe profit with a frag. But that was the most I wanted.

Just because of the close line I will not get into a situation where I get one of those pm's saying I broke a rule.

Even the snails I offered to give aqua man are for free, in the last 8 months I think I have given away or offered to give away more than I have sold. I really want to embrace the camaraderie more than anything. And I think these rules will weed out those that are not in it for the furthering o the hobby. I think it's a great Idea and I support it fully.

And I have also learned the energy applied to trying to be a salesmen rather than a reefer takes away from the enjoyment of my tank, I would rather have friends than customers.