Smtwinn

Twinn's 250/300g DD build

So I have a 150 gal running at the moment. I've acquired a 250 DD which I plan to replace the 150 with. Going to try as much as I can to walk you through my adventure. As of now my plans for equipment will be:

Reef Octopus 10000 return

2 mp40's

1 mp60

4 radion gen2's
120 degree lens

Maybe t5 supplemental lighting

Ecotech battery backup

Apex

wxm

extra eb8

extra ph probe

Cal reactor

Custom Acrylic 83 gal sump

Reef octopus skimmer right now have a diablo 225xs rated for 225 gals prob will have to go bigger.

Uv sterilizer

Filter socks for filtration

Two two lil fishes reactors for phosphate control and carbon.

Mag 12 for back return and
accessory water feed.

Making stand out of 1" square steel tubing and will face the frame in wood.

Edited by Smtwinn

Cool, if I get extra time I might be able to run a finite element solution on your stand frame if you want and you are concerned it can or can't hold the weight. I've done them in stands with smaller tube and they were beyond fine.

Haha what do you want LA? Having a blast yes lol

Is it like santa!?!?!?

I want a 4' 250g, a nice new shiny truck, a nice industrial bandsaw, a fancy cnc machine and someone that can draw.....

THANKS SANTA...... no rush as of now, u can take ur time and do it right!

Very nice!!  Looking forward to seeing this one come together!

Thanks, it's going to test my impatient self.

Boy O Boy this is going to be an awesome build!

Thanks, I hope so.

What are you doing with the top support/brace on the tank?

getting a new brace to replace the broken one.

Is it like santa!?!?!?

I want a 4' 250g, a nice new shiny truck, a nice industrial bandsaw, a fancy cnc machine and someone that can draw.....

THANKS SANTA...... no rush as of now, u can take ur time and do it right!

lol I'm doing all the work...only have access to these machines due to my job. I drew the rendering wanted to draw it in a CAD software but couldn't get to the software at that time when I was bored.

Looking great so far. I wish I had the tools to do a metal stand.

Thanks, only reason I'm doing a metal is stand is for peace of mind. This is a lot of water and I don't want it all over my house.

Looking forward to this build!

thanks I hope it turns out like I plan.

Edited by Smtwinn

Cool, if I get extra time I might be able to run a finite element solution on your stand frame if you want and you are concerned it can or can't hold the weight. I've done them in stands with smaller tube and they were beyond fine.

That would be great Brandon. I'm pretty confident it will hold but for the extra peace of mind, could you draft it up for me?

That's awesome man.... now build me one :)

Thanks Kirk...it's coming along slowly. Going with magnetic wood panels for stand facing. 

Very clean! Im gonna subscribe to this build. Maybe i can pay him for my next stand.... I powdercoat and u weld :D

Thanks LA, I'm powder coating this as well. It sucks most of everyone on this site lives so far from me... 

Looking good. Have you thought about sump size yet?

Thanks, Yes I'm going to use my current acrylic pro flex model 4 sump then drill two bulkheads into it and attach a 55 gal tank. 

Builds like these leave me speechless. LOVING IT!

Thank Greg, I'm trying to walk you all through the whole process. Hopefully all the work doesn't burn me out, being the holidays, plus work, plus family time, and then tank time.