mknightryder

Mknightryder's 90

Congrats!  I know you've had some issues, but glad you didn't throw in the towel when the going got a little tough.  The tank's looking great!

Thanks man and I'll never throw n the Towel. Neva!!! I love the enjoyment the tank brings me even if there are a few headaches and heartaches along the way!! Worse case scenerio is I'll have a FOWL tank! A majority of my mishaps have been user-error, and good lessons learned! Hey if it was easy everyone would do it right!!

Thanks WIll, Bobby, and Ms. Kim!!

Jeez my luck here lately! If it were raining titties I'd get hit in the head w/ a <NAUGHTY WORD>!

Noticed something weird about the color of the tank yesterday evening. Closer look and found that the Blue channel on one of my Evergrow D120's was not on. (Same one I noticed that there were 2 diodes out on it the other day) Pulled it all apart and tried to get the blue channel to come on w/ the white's driver, but they wouldn't. The blue's driver was able to run the whites, So it's not the driver. I read that if multiple diodes burn out then the entire string can shut down.....

Dunno.

Luckily I had an extra Value Fixture that I got from Bobby to put on the right side of the tank. There's a big difference in the color between this one and my old one, but hopefully it'll get me through til I can figure something out....  I'm just worried that the different color spectrum will cause some kinda nuclear halocaust algae epidemic. That's just my luck here lately!!!

Hey man, don't chunk that fixture I'll come help ya repair it

Oh I'm not. When I bought them from Evergrow I ordered extra diodes. Problem is I've never changed diodes out. Been you-tubing it this morning trying to figure it out. I sure would appreciate the help man!

The drivers and fans are still good, so I'm thinking the circuitry is broken from a burnt out diode....  causing the entire channel not to work.... I have no clue! :shrug:

12df78c6279df3832abed83b860fcfeb.jpg

I never leave home without my kit :)

You are the MAN!!! :thumbup:   Just lemme know when and where! I plan to go to the camp this weekend as I imagine you do as well... No rush though cause I have the back-up light going for now.

My crabby traps have been out for 2 weeks I'm sure they've went all cannibal by now, still haven't got my shrimp trawls wet either. So couple guys are coming down this weekend to help repair a spot on the roof then off to the lake!!!

How are you liking the skimmer?  I'm seriously thinking about upgrading from my RO-NWB150 to the one you have there.  Easy to set, or fiddly?

I love love love it!!! I really don't tinker with it near as much as I used to with the diablo. I have tinkered with the volute a little, but not so much with the stand-pipe adjustment. Been pretty much a set-n-forget deal. The volute is the white intake on the sicce pump. You can screw it in or out for more airflow. They say there's not alot gained by doing this on the Omega's. Only 100 LPH of air. The same adjustment of the volute on the Alpha series w. red dragon pumps can net you a lot more LPH of air. I guess I was mainly seeing how it would perform by tinkering w/ the volute and It'll prolly stay right where it is for the long-haul...

A big plus for me is the noise.... Zero! Plus the output is under the water, so no extra plumbing is needed on the output like we had to do with our RO's to keep the trickle/ splashing noise down!

My only complaint is the plug in the silicone drain to empty the cup. It's a pain in the butt to get back in and I usually end up with drops of skimmate on my fingers. It's not as easy to drain the cup as is a RO. I may just start turning the skimmer off and un-screwing the cup and pouring it out and clean the neck at the same time...

12df78c6279df3832abed83b860fcfeb.jpg

I never leave home without my kit :)

I am a repair man.  I have the ultimate set of tools.  I can fix it.

Couldn't resist that line from a classic 1980's movie.  Modified slightly.

Man just come buy my fixture and be done with it! I'll give you the brother in law price cause I like you.

If only I could my friend... Got home from a 4 day Missouri hunting trip to find the blue channel on my left led out... SO now the only blues I have is coming from the "spare" led I got from Bobby.... Both of my leds' blue channels have crapped out within a week of each other....

Also, Came home to a stanky upright freezer that went out while I was gone. Everything in it was lost. I guess it went out right after I left, cause it sure was BAD!

So I am fixing to have to fork out some money for another freezer and more leds.... Def going to have to be more budget friendly leds....I had been looking at the Reef Radiance 165e fixtures that are Apex controllable,but it's a 7-10 day turn around plus shipping for them..... I have an old dual 250w metal halide system w/ t5ho atinics in the fish closet, but I really don't want to put my tank through that... Plus I don't want to have to listen to that loud a transformer box thing.... Oh it's good to be home!!!

Dude get the reef breeders, you'll love em I talked ken into buying 2 48" ones for his shop in Hammond

I was leaning that way before, but I have that wretched huge silly center brace over my 90. That's the only reason I was leaning towards two fixtures like I have over it now. However, I was originally wanting the photon 48, so it could work on a potential upgrade one day...

i have the reef radiance led and bought the kit to make them apex controllable . I have not done the retro fit due to my apex has been in my garage for about 2-3 months , still in the wrapped up box. My opinion on that led is they tend to look a little purple to me . when i asked i was told to turn the blue down. Still looks purple to me but i came from a metal halide radium 20k . On the plus side the reef radiance lights have a really good warranty . Take it for what its worth.  On my 90 i think i will eventually swap to Kessil or Ecotec. who knows the reef radiance is growing coral so if i ever figure how to adjust the color to get back to what i really liked i would keep it.You would think with 2 knobs i could figure it out.

I could def see the color difference between My D120's & the extra fixture I picked up from Bobby. My D120's always had a purpleish/ pinkish hue to them where as Bobby's was a more t5 blue. Made the sand bed blue. Also, His seemed to light the tank more with less darker shadows and actually made some of my corals pop colors I've never seen them having under my lights.... It's weird how a few extra leds or different spectrum diodes in a fixture will change the look of the tank completely. Money is fixing to get even tighter, so I may end up with 2 more value fixtures.... I see that most under $100 ea. are using epistar chips and not bridgelux..... Need time to do some researching on that I guess.....The ones I have now have Bridgelux.  I might end up with two cheap ones to get me through til tax season then get some name brand something or others....  Decisions decisions decisions....

I have 2 of the reef radiance fixture on a 90 . I would be glad to post pic with the light on . It just has never looked like all the pics you see with a radian over them . I will probable end up selling them or put them over the 135 cube I have in the garage. I have not at this point decided if I will keep it or not.

So far so good w/ the tank only have blue leds on the right side of the tank.... Had to turn the white leds on the left fixture up to compensate for the blown blues... It didn't even cross my mind until I seen my BTA stretching across the tank for the extra light on the right side. Pics don't show it, but tank looks really weird... B)

20141013_185841_zps4043d6c6.jpg

20141013_185829_zps93c19dc8.jpg

An OUTSTANDING member of this fine reefing community hit me up with a Godfather deal on a bad a** light for my tank... ;) Going to get it sorted out soon as he gets in from playing out in the gulf.... :P I'm tickled to death that my blue channels went out now!!!  Also, just to let you all know how great this site is, Another reefer offered me his lights while his build is in progress until I got something figured out... :wavingblue: Thank you Bobby & Benjy! <<<< 1 reason why BRK is the Best reef club around hands down!  

• Like 2

Well Benji and I both eat a lot of Taco Bell, never know when a Plumber is needed and I'm sure you've got a helper you need to break in HEHE, Glad you've got it worked out, I think all in all you'll be the happiest ever with the Pac Sun's a fine fixture indeed. 

Taco Bell my arse! Some of those Jalapeños stuffed with deer and creme cheese and lots of beer maybe. And that's just to get me to hang out with him.

.... Alright den... I'll make em' extra hot for you two knuckleheads... They'll be just as hot goin out as they are in... Ya'll be sitting on the toilet singing Johnny Cash Ring Of Fire eating a bowl of Blue bell ice cream!!!  :P