gpd605x

New to Me 75g Tank

yes traditionally the diatoms are gonna bloom in a new tank when the tank is stocked quickly. Just get some airline tubing and draw a slow syphon when doing water changes

Edited by LA_Mixed_Reef

Well a big update... One of the seals busted yesterday putting about 50 gallons of seawater into my room... Without me knowing it. I was outside doing yard work when my brother went by my room and smelled a burning smell (powerhead fried) and saw water spewing everywhere! We spent the next 6-7 hours doing damage control and getting the fish into an emergency tank. Ended up selling just about everything that night.  Posted on the Just Fish Facebook page and literally within minutes I had the fish, lights, skimmer and the other power head sold. Now I just have Live Sand left. I was extremely sad to see everything go but due to the circumstances, I think it was the best thing. The fish are going to a new 200 gallon home alone with the Nem.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for their advice and expert opinions. I will get back into the hobby again, just not sure when but the next time, I will make sure I have all the proper equipment and everything setup prior to getting livestock and everything. 

Damn... Sorry to hear about your troubles, man. Every reefer's worst nightmare. Hopefully, things will look up and you'll find your way back to the hobby soon enough!

Thanks! No warning signs at all. Everything was great and working great. When my brother told me my tank was spraying water everywhere, I thought to myself, I know I had everything covered. Especially with the sump in the sump in case it overflowed. The entire silicone seam its basically gone. I can move the front glass and its clearly separated. I really hated to get rid of the fish because I've had them so long but i would rather them go to someone and live than sit in a rubbermaid container.